Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Product Review: Shiseido Majolica Majorca Blushes

These are the blushes I've been alternately using for weeks now and it's about time I give these babies a review. There are only 4 shades of blushes and I only have 3 and the other one I got is a highlighter.




88, OR322, PK333, RD255

Lovely, aren't they? :P

Let's start with the individual description.


RD255
This is far from being red. It is pink-peach with a hint of red and has shimmers. It is very NARS Deep Throat-ish and somewhat Orgasm-ish.



PK333
I would describe this as a very feminine mid-tone pink with almost no shimmers but gives an iridescent glow once on the cheeks.



OR322
This isn't pure orange. I find it peachy coral with a little orange in it. Just like PK333, this isn't shimmery but also gives an iridescent glow. It reminds me of a tamer version of NARS Torrid once applied.



88
This is the highlighter that looks somewhat lavender with very fine shimmers. Aside from the shimmers, it has chunky glitters which somewhat reminds me of NARS Super orgasm and Angelika's glitters. I am kinda disappointed with the glitter though.

Overall Review of the blushes.

What I like:
- Finely milled and texture is amazing.
- Applies smoothly.
- It's hard to overdo it, just don't be blush-happy. Wait for it to blend with your skin.
- Color payoff is good, you only need a swipe or two for the color to show on your skin.
- Pretty decent lasting power even on my oily skin.
- Unscented.
- Packaging is pretty. Reminds me of Shu Uemura, only nicer.
- I like that there isn't much selection on the shades as it'll help me stick to my budget.
- Cheap. Hey, this is still Shiseido even though it is their drugstore brand.

What I don't like:
- Not locally available.

Will I buy again? Yes, when I use these all up, which will eventually take me years to do so.
Overall rating: 4.75/5 I would've given it a 5 if these were locally available.

The highlighter is a different story though. I must say I am quite disappointed as I don't want highlighters to have chunky glitters. I can't give it a review yet as I have only used it twice.


Swatches:


RD255, PK333, OR322, 88

Have a great Holy Week ahead of you guys! Ta! :P

7 comments:

  1. i cant see the glitters on the highlighter!hehe
    awww the pink one looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. which would you say is better when it comes to blushes? NARS or this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanilla, how yah doin'? PK333 is really pretty. My fave from this bunch! :P

    Crystal, is that a trick question? It's hard. :P Anyway, I'd still go for NARS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pammy! I hope those blushes have local dupes. Hehe. Lovely blushes by the way.

    Lots of love,

    Re: BTW sis, how do you remove the wax without using a strip? Do you just remove it as it is? And how do you deal with the wax residues. Thanks much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Golden, I think PK333 looks like this blush from EB. :P

    Re: wax, I remove it as it is. As for the wax residues, I just wash my hands with warm water. I find it easier to remove.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Japster! Sana pala yung isang OR na lang kinuha ko and not 88. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Shop at Amazon

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)