After Majolica Majorca, there is another blush that made me realize how nice Japanese-manufactured blushes are, and that is Kanebo Kate Cheek Color in OR-1. I received this blush from a dear sister and I am super thankful for it as I have been lemming for a blush from this brand since I don't know when. So after using it a few times, time to give it a review.
This isn't a true orange color. It is more of a lovely peach shade with a hint of orange that has subtle shimmer.
What I like:
- Finely milled, texture is really nice, feels a little silky.
- Applies smoothly.
- Doesn't have over the top shimmers. Just right to give a sheen and glow.
- I like that it comes with a highlighter and when you blend the two colors together, you get a pretty peach-pink shade that looks kinda pearl-ized.
- It's hard to overdo this blush. One or two swipes is/are enough for one cheek.
- Staying power is okay. Lasts for 2-3 hours on my oily skin and I don't use primers. Some last for only an hour.
- The brush that comes along with it is super soft and not in any way scratchy. Plus it's cute.
- Locally available for PHP750 at Kanebo counters, which is actually cheap since Kate is the drugstore brand of Kanebo.
What I don't like:
- A bit chalky. After a couple of swipes, you'll see powders all over the compact. Product gets wasted.
Will I buy again? Yes. I want the pink and red one.
Overall rating: 4.5/5
Tip: To get this at a cheaper price, wait for Lux Asia sales. ;)
Have a great week, everyone! Ta! :P