As I've mentioned on my review on Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Totally Toffee, I find it quite similar to Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Lipstick in BG949. In fact, they are so similar that I thought they can pass as spend vs. save lippies. Let me first discuss the similarities and differences then I'll later show you the swatches.
Both lipsticks are on the pink-beige family that can pass as nude lippies but are not totally nude. Doesn't sound right but depending on your skintone and how pigmented your lips are, these can be used as beige-pink nude lippies.
- Both glide smoothly on the lips.
- Texture is nice.
- Both are scented though I am not a huge fan of Shu's scent but I can tolerate Maybelline's scent.
- Same shade family.
- Leaning towards being cool toned.
- Shu lasts longer than Maybelline.
- PRICE. I got the Shu lipstick for PHP1350 and PHP175 (not super sure but it's definitely less than 200 bucks) for Maybelline.
- Availability. The Shu lippy is available on Shu counters whereas this US version of Maybelline Color Sensational is not locally available.
To further show you how similar both lippies are and to somewhat justify that they can be spend vs. save lippies, here are the swatches.
Can you tell them apart? Which one is the Shu lippy and which one is the Maybelline lippy? Any guesses? They look awfully similar, right?
The one on the left is from Shu and the one on the right is the Maybelline lippy. :)
Anyway, I'll let you decide and be the judge if these two are indeed spend vs. save lippies. Have a great Friday, everyone! :P