Having the right makeup tools is essential and investing on the right ones is even more important. But is it possible to have almost everything you need to apply foundation, concealer, and blushes in just one tool? Sounds impossible and too good to be true, right? But it's not. In fact, you can have all those in just a tiny hot pink egg-shaped makeup sponge known as the Beauty Blender. I have mentioned on my January Favorites post that I initially thought this product was just a waste of money but later on proved me wrong. To find out why, read the rest of this post.
A cute hot pink egg-shaped sponge that significantly grows bigger when wet and goes back to being tiny once dry.
What I like:
- It blends my under eye concealer perfectly. I use the pointed side of the BB and it blends it in like a dream. Doesn't settle on the fine lines too.
- According to some users and reviewers, it provides an airbrushed finish when the stippling or bouncing motion or what I personally call the "toink-toink" motion is used. Though I do not really see it at all, I like the natural finish it gives. It is better than wet sponges, stippling brushes, or fingers.
- It can also be used for cream blushes and cream eyeshadows.
- Re-usable. You only need to wash it after every use.
- Can last for months, probably for more than a year if taken cared of properly.
- Locally available at Rustan's.
What I don't like:
- It takes time and effort to use it if you do the stippling motion.
- The price which is Php1495 for the sponge alone at Rustan's.
- Since it needs to be washed after every use, you end up using more water and sponge cleaner or whatever you use to clean it.
Overall rating: 3.5/5
Will I buy again? I might not. While this is quite a good product, I honestly don't think it is a must have. I think it is one of the products where I might in the future say, "it was good while it lasted". Yeah, it wasn't a total waste of money but it is definitely something I can live without.
This product has received mostly positive reviews but has also received some negative ones like "There isn't anything this beauty blender can do that a wedge sponge can't". There is some truth to it though I think that while a wedge sponge can do almost everything that this BB can, I think BB does a better job at those things. But not enough to totally convince me to repurchase. It only became a favorite because I felt the need to use it because of its price, I guess. And I just love using it with my concealer.
Its original size when dry
Its size significantly increases when wet.
Getting cozy with someone. :P
Have you tried the Beauty Blender?
Happy Tuesday, super awesome peeps! :P