Having a cleanser that removes all dirt and impurities without stripping the skin off its natural moisture is important. While I like Avalon Organics Vitamin C Refreshing Cleansing Gel a lot, I find that it can be too drying even for my combination-oily skin so I stopped using it during the cooler months and started using it again only last summer. And what did I use during those times? Alba Botanica Sea Mineral Cleansing Gel which is another great find from Healthy Options.
|Photo taken from Google|
About the Product - Taken from Alba Botanica Website
Natural Even Advanced
Signature ingredient: Aloe supplies soothing, nutrient rich protection to skin while Alba's Marine Complex hydrates, nourishes, detoxifies, firms, and stimulates cell regeneration.
Product description: Don’t be shy. Get fresh!
Lather away the daily grime with this frothy cleanser that freshens and brightens your complexion. Our naturally powerful Marine Complex, rich in sea minerals, stimulates cell regeneration for a more even skin tone while washing away dulling impurities. Get a fresh start every time you clean.
Features and benefits: Foams away impurities for an even complexion.
Who should use this product? For normal to oily skin.
Use in the morning and evening.
Directions for use: Rinse face with warm water. Apply a small amount of cleanser to palm, work into a creamy lather and massage over face and neck. Rinse clean.
Caution: For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children.
Size: 6 fl oz (177 ml)
Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice(1), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Camilla Sinensis Leaf Extract(1), Chlorella Pyrenoidosa Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract(1), Enteromorpha Compressa Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Spirulina Maxima Extract, Ulva Lactuca Extract(1), Ascorbyl Glucoside, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Coco-Glucoside, Erythritol, Glyceryl Oleate, Homarine HCl, Panthenol, Potassium Hydroxide, Alcohol(1),
What I like:
- Effectively cleanses the face and removes makeup without making it dry. Though for waterproof mascara, I suggest using a makeup remover or a cleansing oil first.
- Has a fairly pleasant scent which did not trigger my allergic rhinitis.
- Did not irritate my skin nor did it cause me to break out.
- No dreaded parabens, made from mostly natural ingredients.
- No animal testing.
- Has a pump that gives you control to dispense just the right amount of product. Oh, you can also turn it left and right to lock and open the pump.
- You only need a little to cleanse the entire face and neck.
- It feels refreshing indeed.
- When my skin acted up and got really itchy, I washed my face with this and it felt better, probably due to aloe.
- Locally available at Healthy Options for around Php 300-375. Well, you get 177mL of product anyway which can last for about half a year.
What I don't like:
- Has a shelf life of 6 months so I guess you have to religiously use it once you open it.
- Claims to stimulate cell regeneration for a more even skin tone. Didn't notice any changes but not a major issue for me since I use something else for that.
- Does not lather as easily as other cleansers but that's just something minor. I feel that when a cleanser lathers and foams up well, it works better than cleansers that don't but that's just me. :)
Overall rating: 4.5/5 There really isn't anything super special about this cleanser, to be honest. It does what it's supposed to do. But I like how it cleanses my face without drying it and the fact that it has aloe and mostly natural ingredients and the company does not test on animals make it a winner for me.
Will I buy again? Yes! I'm almost done with my first bottle and I'm using it at the moment since it has been cold lately and Avalon is once again drying up my skin.
On a different note, I got tagged and received awards from two very lovely ladies - MissGennD and Diane. And Dawn gave me the Top 10 Award. Thank you, dearies. :)
Rules for these awards:
Link back and thank the person who tagged you.
Post se7en things about yourself and answer the list of favorite questions.
Pass these awards to 15 bloggers.
Notify the lucky bloggers who got these awards.
I decided not to do the 7 Facts About Me post simply because I have done it several times and you're probably sick of reading things about me by now. :P
The Favorite Questions:
Name your favorite colors:
Pink, black, and forest green
Name your favorite song:
I have a lot but my current favorites are Yellow by Coldplay and Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes. They change depending on my mood.
Name your favorite dessert:
Cheesecakes or anything with ripe mangoes (e.g. mango bravo)
What pisses you off:
A lot - don't even get me started. But it's better to just shrug it off and move forward since you're more on the losing end if you let yourself get affected too much.
When you're upset you:
Shop? :P Sleep or read books. Or just go somewhere quiet where I can relax and ease up a bit. But ultimately pray to have a clear mind.
Your favorite pet:
Cats, of course. But I'm planning to get a dog in the future. Perhaps a golden retriever so I can have my own Hachiko (even though it's an Akita. :) I initially wanted to get a chowchow or a husky but I was told both are temperamental so we just might end up biting each other.
Black or White:
Your biggest fear:
Dying in a strange place that is unknown to me without knowing anyone from there or probably dying in a vehicular accident (e.g. sinking ship or plane crash or train/car collision)
I was told my eyes and my chubby cheeks.
The moment you wake up, take it as another blessing and be thankful. Welcome each day with a positive outlook and do not let negative stuff and even people get the better of you.
What is perfection:
Something that does not exist. It is entirely up to you to see things in a brighter perspective.
Books and shopping or having a well-deserved drink every once in a while. Watching a funny movie and laugh my heart out til my jaw and tummy hurt. And definitely having a me-time like checking in to a hotel for a day or two and it will be all about me on that/those day/s. I would rather say these are simple pleasures.
I am tagging everyone so feel free to claim these awards. :)
Have a fabulous weekend, everyone! :P