Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Top Picks: Blushes

A warm Monday evening, everyone! It has been a month since I updated this blog and I feel like I am once again feeling it. I somehow rekindled my "relationship" with makeup and rediscovering those products in my stash. However, I think that I still have my spending habits when it comes to makeup under control. I somehow managed to divert my attention to work, books, and bags (again). Anyway, I though it would be nice to share those blushes that I find myself reaching our for very often. So I present to you the Fab 5!


This might remind you of my Les Fards a Joues post that featured the blushes I had at the time of posting but this is quite different. These are my top picks at the moment and it could change any time but so far, these Fab 5 make me a happy camper. I won't be doing a detailed review of each but just a brief description of each shade, how it feels, and how long it usually stays on me.



1. Chanel Joues Contraste in Narcisse - this is such a lovely candy pink shade that looks very feminine and delicate. Feels quite silky but I've seen and touched better. This has a rose scent that no longer bothers me and lasts fairly well on my combination-oily skin type. My favorite out of the bunch right now.

2. Burberry Light Glow Blush in Peony - another pink shade that is dainty and girly. Also has a faint scent that my sense of smell tolerates. It feels very smooth and buttery and feels nice to the touch. Lasting power is also acceptable.

3. NARS Gaiety - now, who would have thought I would be reconnected with NARS blushes? I strongly believed that I was done with the brandbut this one is an exception. I guess I wasn't firm enough with myself being over with NARS. Just like the first two, this is another pink shade that has strong blue undertones. A lot would describe it as bubblegum pink and I'd have to agree. This isn't as pigmented as the previous NARS blushes I have owned but among these 5 picks, this has the best staying power. Not as smooth and silky as Chanel and Burberry but it blends well with the skin.

4. Becca Mineral Blush in Flowerchild -  the first three have all been strong pinks and this one is a tad different. This is a peach-pink shade that reminded me of NARS Orgasm and Deep Throat with gold shimmers too. It is also quite smooth and lasts a pretty long time too.

5. Becca Beach Tint in Guava - Becca must be doing something right for me as another current favorite is this Beach Tint. Although the lasting power quite disappointed me, it still remains a favorite because it is a salmon pink shade that is very lovely on the cheeks and blends nicely on the skin too. It also doesn't hurt that I totally dig the scent.

Swatches
So what are your top picks when it comes to blushes?

PLEASE ALSO JOIN MY CURRENT MINI GIVEAWAY!

Cheers,

19 comments:

  1. Lovely picks! I want to try the Chanel and NARS ones... if only I could afford them. Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pammy! I like your picks! I've been eyeing the Gaiety blush --- ahhhh you've convinced me to get one too :) The things I do to my bank account! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you find it once you've purchased Gaiety! :P

      re: bank account - I know, right?! haha!

      Delete
  3. love all your picks! i have not bought any new blushes lately but still loving my armani blushes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Pammy, long time no talk! How have you been? Can you believe I haven't tried anything from these brands? I really like the look of Flowerchild and Guava!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gaby! How're you doin'? Maybe you should give either of those two Becca products a try! :)

      Delete
  5. gaiety closely resembles angelika but gaiety is lighter ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! And without the silver sparkles Angelika has. :)

      Delete
  6. That Becca Beach Tint in Guave is so yummy--I've been wanting it for a long time, but I have such a problem with ordering thing sight-unseen from online. :/ Maybe one day...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want try nars and becca blushers... Becca Flowerchild is my top pick amongs your faves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it'll look great on your golden skin, the shimmers will make your cheeks glow. :)

      Delete
  8. Those are beautiful colors. :)I'm a little curious now about Nars Gaiety. I wonder if it would clash with my warm skin tone. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pick! Lovely color from NARS! I like gaiety too and feels like getting it. I love Burberry blushes too, they're very buttery and easy to blend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pammy, you have some of the best blush around. I love the Becca blushes best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't afford any of the items on this list! Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Shop at Amazon

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)