Corals and oranges and other bright colours are in during summer! While I did not intentionally jump into the bandwagon, I was drawn into corals and such shades and it's not yet even officially summer. The shades of lip colours I have purchased lately are in the coral and orange family. Anyway, as I have mentioned over and over again on this blog, I have an unending love affair with tinted lip balms and I have discovered one that I can say is the perfect coral on me and that is the Models Own Lip Balm in Tangerine.
There isn't much information about this product on the Models Own website except for the ingredients which should prove helpful in checking out if there is a certain ingredient you might be allergic to. Here are the ingredients:
Polyisobutene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Paraffin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cera Microcristallina, Copernicia Cerifera Cera, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Montan Cera, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, parfum, Mica [+/- CI 77891, CI 77861, CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 45410, CI 42090, CI 19140, CI 15985, CI 15850]
What I like:
- The shade is a screaming bright orange that is almost neon on the jar but it can be sheered out for a nice tint or layered for a more intense colour on the lips. I love how it instantly brightens my face.
- For a lip balm, this is outrageously pigmented. So pigmented that it can pass as a lipstick even when worn alone. I would like to think of this as a moisturizing lipstick in a pot.
- The texture is nice - not too gooey and not too waxy either.
- The product smells pleasantly of citrus. My nose is quite sensitive but I surprisingly like how it smells. Others may find it overwhelming but I surprisingly don't.
- It has great staying power for a tinted lip balm. Stays on my lips for at least 2 hours with a few sips every now and then and leaves a very nice tint behind.
- It is moisturizing. It definitely reminds me of MAC TLC, only a tad more pigmented and more orange.
- For those who are having second thoughts on wearing bright and bolder colours, this is a nice shade and product to start with as you can layer it to suit your desired brightness and intensity.
- The packaging is pretty sturdy. Being the klutz that I am, I have dropped this a couple of times and it remained intact - no dents and no cracks.
- Contains 6g of product that has a shelf life of 12 months. Not bad for the price I got it for which is Php 400 inclusive of shipping.
- Has not caused any adverse reaction on my lips and on the surrounding areas.
- Given how hot it has been lately, it melts on my fingertips. Yes, I use my pinkie to apply it provided that I sanitize my hands and do not lend it to others.
- Not locally available in Manila but it is available in the UK since Models Own is a drugstore brand there.