It has been a while since I last owned a NARS blush and I thought it was over for me and Francois NARS *yeah, yeah, dream on*. I developed an immense liking for sheer blushes and that caused my deviation from pigmented ones such as those from this brand. Anyway, it was on my birthday that I received a shade I never imagined would look nice on me which is Gaiety. Its strong blue tones scared me at first but boy this proved the saying "first impressions lasts" so wrong. Anyway, here's my review.
Gaiety is described as a bright candy pink shade on the NARS website.
What I like:
- NARS almost nailed it with the shade description that this is a bright candy pink shade. I would personally describe it as a blue-toned bubblegum pink though. It is very pretty. Although it looks kinda scary on the pan because of strong blue tones, it gives a nice flush on the cheeks and somewhat imparts a certain glow on the face.
- It isn't the most finely milled blush and it might seem chalky at first but it eventually blends very well on the skin.
- It has shimmers/sparkles but not visible on the cheeks which is good. You don't end up having glitter mess on your face.
- Unscented, which I have always adored about NARS blushes.
- Pigmented and a little goes a long way. Lasts for about 8 hours on my skin type though I am mostly in an air-conditioned area.
- Has a shelf life of 24 months or two years and with the intense pigmentation it has, it can last you longer than that.
- No allergic reactions, no break outs either.
- Locally available at NARS counters in Rustan's.
- The compact has always been a con for me. As compact and sleek it looks, the rubber matte texture of it easily attracts dirt and gets sticky in the long run.
- May seem pricey for a mid-range brand but the quality and shelf like makes your Php 1450 worth it.
Have you tried NARS Gaiety? How do you find it?