Here's a very quick post for today featuring a straight on review of one of the moisturizers I am alternating with my favourite Neutrogena Hydroboost Water Gel. I have been using it for a couple of months now after leaving it untouched in my drawer and it's about time I give it a review.
L'Oreal Paris describes this as...
A light weight skin-cooling texture which brings an instant ocean splash to your skin, locking in a reserve of hydration and freshness. It controls your skin temperature to prevent perspiration and shine. Enriched with Zinc and Micro Sponge technology, it regulates the sebum and inhibits excessive oil production to bring an immediate mattifying action.
|Such a useless picture, I know. My cam's really busted but I felt compelled|
to include this picture.
What I like:
- I like the refreshing feeling this moisturizer gives my skin.
- Texture is very light, non-sticky, and gets easily absorbed by the skin being a water-based or gel moisturizer that it is.
- It gives my face a satin finish as I wouldn't consider it matte.
- I feel like it hydrates my skin.
- I do not get any break outs or allergic reaction from it.
- Reasonably priced at Php 495 for a 50ml jar with a shelf life of one year.
- Locally available at Watson's, SM, and other drugstores nationwide.
What I don't like:
- I find the scent a tad too strong for a skin care/moisturizer though it fades after a few seconds.
- Although I feel that it hydrates my skin, I find that it does not hydrate it as good as Neutrogena does.
- Not impressed with the oil control or the anti-shine part but still pretty good for a moisturizer.
- Cooling sensation doesn't really last that long.
- Needs a spatula as it's housed in a jar.
Overall rating: 3.5/5
Will I buy again? I think I'd consider this a nice alternative to Neutrogena Hydroboost for almost half the price but I'd still choose Hydroboost over this one at any time of the day. :)
Have you tried this product? How do you find it?
Have a blessed Sunday, super awesome peeps! ;)