Hey, lovelies! Here's another review of a drugstore product. Lately, I find myself checking out drugstore makeup more than mid-range and high end ones. It's such a thrill to find inexpensive yet effective products among drugstore items. ELF is one of the drugstore brands known for selling their makeup and tools for as low as $1 and even going on sale given the very low price tag. Now I can only wish that is the same for its price here in Manila. However, since most items are below Php 500 at local retail price, I guess there's not much to complain. And they have been coming up with products with notably good quality. That is why when I was looking for a makeup setting spray to help my makeup stay longer during summer, I immediately searched for the ELF Makeup Mist & Set on ebay.ph even though there are other options like those from Urban Decay and Skindinavia that are available on ebay as well. Some reviews were pretty convincing plus the price really wouldn't hurt, however it may turn out on my skin so I settle for this one. Read more for the rest of the review.
Here is the product description on the ELF website:
Wish you could have a product for your makeup like Hairspray is for your hair? Well…keep your makeup staying in place all day with a radiance boosting invisible hold with our new Makeup Mist & Set. The invigorating mist moisturizes and soothes the skin with key ingredients Aloe, Green Tea, Cucumber and Vitamins A, C & E. The lightweight, comfortable and alcohol free formula improves makeup wearability and prevents color from running or fading.
What I like:
- I actually like the simple black, see-through bottle. Some may find it cheap looking but I don't mind how it is packaged at all. It is not bulky so it's okay to bring with you in your bag.
- I like the refreshing sensation that it initially gives after it has just been sprayed on the face.
- Spritzer works just fine. Not as nice as those from Evian and Avene but still does its job of spraying the product on your face.
- It doesn't give my face a very tight sensation.
- Does not make my face feel dry at all and makes my makeup look dewy.
- Does not make my makeup cakey.
- Inexpensive for Php 200 bucks + shipping.
- Made locally available by local resellers online.
What I don't like:
- It sometimes makes me itch though there are also times when it doesn't which I find kinda confusing.
- Does nothing to help my makeup stay longer even if I was in an airconditioned room most of the time when I used this (yes, it's just sitting pretty on my desk).
Overall rating: 3/5 I gave it a 3 for the refreshing sensation and for not drying out my skin. But as for it being a makeup setter, it's disappointing that it did not deliver for me.
Will I buy again? No. With the price + shipping, I am better off with Evian.
Have you tried this product?
Have a fantastic weekend, everyone! :)