Hi everyone! It has been a while since I last updated my blog. I had a lot of personal issues to deal with during my hiatus - I quit my office job, underwent therapy for my back, my mom had a stroke and had to take care of her until she made quite a recovery, and I'm back to doing freelance jobs online. Before I digress, allow me to get back on track. I decided there is no better way to make a back from hiatus post than to make it about my favorite makeup - blushes. Recently, I found myself gravitating towards creme blushes as they last longer on my skin now than powder blushes do. On my instagram account, I posted a picture of these blushes and now, I'd like to do swatches and mini reviews of all these. So if you'd like to see swatches and find out what I think of each product, then read on.
Let's start with the creme blushes in pans and a pot.
|Top: Le Blush Creme de Chanel in Affinite; Laura Mercier Creme Cheek |
Colour in Oleander; Becca Creme Blush in Hyacinth
Bottom: Diorblush Cheek Creme in Bikini
|L-R: Affinite, Bikini, Hyacinth, Oleander|
- Le Blush Creme de Chanel in Affinite - This is a gorgeous watermelon pink with a hint of red and coral creme blush. Its texture is quite different from all the creme blushes I have tried that I can't quite put my finger on how to exactly describe it. It's has a dry texture but not as airy as mousse blushes and dries to a powder finish. It lasts for hours on my combination-oily skin while giving a nice flush on my cheeks. It looks scary bright in the pan and it really is pigmented so you should use a very light hand in application. I prefer using my fingers in blending this as it's not as creamy and emolient as creme blushes normally are.
- Diorblush Cheek Creme in Bikini - Now here's another pretty watermelon pink blush with very fine shimmers that I can barely make out once on the cheeks. It feels like play doh, only a tad softer. It blends well with the skin and gives a nice pop of colour that can surely brighten one's complexion. This, together with Affinite, are my current favourites.
- Becca Creme Blush in Hyacinth - This was my HG creme blush before I crossed paths with Affinite and Bikini. Unlike the first two, this one is very creamy and emolient and blends so good on the skin making you look like you are naturally flushing. It is reddish pink in colour which can mimic one's color when blushing (although it still depends on your skin tone). This also has good staying power despite the formula and despite my skin type.
- Laura Mercier Creme Cheek Colour in Oleander - Unlike the first three, this doesn't have a tinge of brightness in it. It is a nice warm pale pink which can look very nice on those with light skin tones. This is perfect for those who just wants some nice light pink on their cheeks. I find this quite a bit dry and a little bit hard to work with but the end result is still nice. Staying power is also pretty good.
Now on to the gels and tints.
|MeMeMe Poppy Tint; Benefit ChaCha Tint; Giorgio Armani Blushing |
Fabric 1 Shimmering Peach; Becca Beach Tint in Guava;
Kose Visee Mineral Liquid Cheeks Baby Finish PK800
|L-R: Blushing Fabric 1, PK800, Guava, ChaCha Tint, Poppy Tint|
- Giorgio Armani Blushing Fabric 1 Shimmering Peach - This is my second Blushing Fabric, the first one being shade 2. I have to say that I am more impressed with this shade than the first one. This gorgeous pink-peach-red shade is absolutely lovely with all the shimmers. It also has a great staying power and with its siliconey texture, it goes on smoothly on the cheeks. This is also pretty pigmented so do not forget to use a light hand in applying this.
- Kose Visee Mineral Liquid Cheeks Baby Finish PK-800 - Now this looks neon pink and almost fluorescent when swatched but it turns to a nice warm bright pink shade on the cheeks. It is very pigmented and I can truly say that a little goes a long way with this blush. Staying power isn't as fab as other cremes and liquids but I suppose this will stay much longer for those with dry-normal skin.
- Becca Beach Tint in Guava - Becca. I have grown a certain fondness for this brand and it all began with this lip & cheek tint. It is a very pretty light coral pink shade that looks nice on both cheeks and lips. This little tube that contains only 7mL of product is pigmented and a little goes a long way. I love the fruity scent it has too. Although the staying power kinda disappoints me, I still like using it especially on hot and humid days.
- Benefit Cha Cha Tint - Coral lovers will like this. Its texture is similar to Posie Tint and not as watery as Benetint so it will give you extra seconds to blend, blend, blend, before it actually stains. I don't like this much on my cheeks because it turns red-orange on me but on the lips, I like it a lot. It is bright and perfect for summer.
- MeMeMe Poppy Tint - This is very much similar to Benefit Posie Tint only this one is more watery. I like it but not as much as I like the my other non-powder blushes. I don't normally reach for this although staying power is decent.
So that is all. I hope you like this post and if you have favorites or suggestions, please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day, super awesome peeps!