Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Friday, March 28, 2014

Late Post: Shiseido International Beauty Fair 2014 Work Shop

Hello everyone. After another long hiatus, I'm back to blogging. I needed to focus on both my job and relationship, thus, the long break. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, I got invited to the Shiseido International Beauty Fair at the SM Megamall Atrium and I couldn't resist not going because the Japanese Beauty Consultant from Shiseido Japan, Momoko Ishibashi would be there. So even though I already made plans for the weekend, I made sure I am able to attend at least one workshop (May 21, day one) and share whatever tips I will learn on that day. Apologies for the delay in posting, I intended to post about it right away but flu got the better of me. Better late than never as they say.

Photo grabbed from the Shiseido PH facebook page.

I was only able to attend the first workshop which is for the natural look as I needed to bring my dog to the vet that same afternoon. Since most Filipinas go for the no-makeup makeup look, this was the first look that Momoko Ishibashi demonstrated for all the beauty bloggers who attended that workshop. Of course, all products used on the blogger/model's face were all Shiseido - from the skin care products up to the makeup.



Momoko Ishibashi with her translator


It all starts with a beautiful canvas so skin care is of utmost importance.


And this, I think, is the highlight of all the products - the Shiseido White Lucent Total Brightening Serum.

It should be applied all over the face in a circular motion - this technique applies to all skin care products, Shiseido or not - to prevent wrinkles and other signs of aging from appearing prematurely.

How it works - explained.

And the look for the first workshop - Soft and Natural. The products used for the look are on the slide.


The finished look. (Sorry for the quality of the photos, it doesn't do justice for the model. I only used my iphone).



I'm not going to be super detailed but here's the sum of what I learned on that day:

  1. Having good skin is the first step in achieving this natural look. Because once your skin is glowing on its own, you don't need to apply tons of makeup on your face.
  2. Light and sheer foundation works best as it will look and feel like second skin.
  3. Conceal and brighten the under eyes. Well-rested looking eyes can make your face fresh and bright in an instant.
  4. Set your makeup with sheer powder to help keep oil at bay.
  5. Use light or soft color on the brow since you're aiming for a soft and natural look. 
  6. Pink and yellow cream eyeshadows were used on this look - it made the model look fresh and young.
  7. According to Momoko, the color of your cheeks and lips should match. And it should also match the color of the clothes you're wearing (I'm not that sure if I can match my lip and cheek color with my clothes but I'll try).

So that's it. Have an awesome weekend ahead, everyone! :)

Cheers,

3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)