Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Thursday, November 21, 2013

In the Limelight: Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Brightening Makeup in I'm Pure 4 Sure Ivory Product Review

Wow, that was quite a long name for a foundation; makes me wonder why companies do that, actually. Anyway, I am not a huge fan of Benefit products, to be honest, though I have tried quite a few - blushes, tints, primer. I wasn't even one of the eager beavers when Benefit launched this foundation but the reviews about it being light and natural on the skin made me decide to finally try it out this year as I was looking for a foundation that is lighter than NARS Sheer Glow (although I was kinda okay with that foundation, y'know). I have had this Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Brightening Makeup for a couple of months now and the shade I have is I'm Pure 4 Sure Ivory. I'm not sure if this is the lightest or the second lightest shade but I decided this was the perfect shade for me, knowing that this will be a tad light for my complexion, because I am acidic and almost everything oxidizes on me, which I'm sure you know as I have been complaining a lot about it lately. So on this post, I shall be reviewing this foundation and I will be using my new system of reviewing for the first time on this product. I thought a little revamping won't hurt as to how I do my reviews so here goes.



Why we love it!
Hello...it's flawless time! Our new oil-free brightening liquid foundation builds from light to medium coverage for a natural complexion you can believe in. It's you...just more luminous & healthy looking.

Find your flawless match with the hello flawless oxygen wow shade guide in Beauty School.

WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW:

broad-spectrum SPF 25 PA+++ protection**
oil-free formula
natural finish
hydrating benefits
light-diffusing properties
 available in 9 shades

**What does PA+++ mean? SPF stands for the protection grade of the UVB filter. PA stands for the protection grade of the UVA filter. The highest standard of sun protection rating is the three-star PA rating. Our foundation has three stars, which translates to the highest protection.
Who else loves it!
2012 SELF Healthy Beauty Award, best brightening foundation

How to apply
Blend on face with brush or fingertips.

Details
30.0 mL, 1.0 US fl oz.

Beauty tip

Start with the POREfessional to get an unbelievably even application, quickly minimize the appearance of pores and help makeup stay put.



What I say about this product...

Texture & Consistency: 

This foundation is kinda watery though not excessively runny. Despite its consistency, this feels surprisingly creamy as I spread this all over my skin. It also feels moist which is good for those who dig the dewy look.

Coverage:

Light to medium but can be built up, only adding a little amount on areas that need more coverage.

Longevity:

It lasts for a few hours to a little over half a day. This could be due to my skin type which is combination-oily and add to that the heat and humidity in Manila. Those who have combination or oily skin may not expect this to last until you remove your makeup before hitting the sack, while those with dry to normal may find this to last longer on them.

Price & Availability in the local market:

This is locally available at Benefit counters and stores in Manila for Php 1,900.00.

Thumbs up:
  • Definitely feels lighter than NARS Sheer Glow and is perfect for everyday use.
  • Has not caused irritation on my skin, no break outs either.
  • This shade initially applies lighter on my skin tone but I was right when I decided that this is the right shade for me because it does oxidize and ends up matching my skin tone.
  • It definitely brightens up my face.
  • Perfect for the dewy look. It makes my skin look bouncy, softer and smoother though it does not blur the imperfections or blemishes.
  • It has SPF25.
  • It does not dry out my skin and it actually makes me feel like my skin can breathe.
  • It blends well with the skin and does not sit on top of it; definitely does not feel like I have a mask on.
  • The pump! On my last two foundation reviews, I sorta complained about those not having pumps. And yes, this one does have a pump that actually works and allows me to have control on how much product I get to use.
  • The packaging, while not super stylish, is practical. You can actually see how much product you have left. Plus, when you run out of it, you can re-use the bottle and put lotions or creams in it, perhaps another foundation that does not come with a pump.
  • Locally available.

Thumbs down:
  • It takes a minute or two to dry as it really is moist. So I refrain from using this when I am running late but when I have the extra time to spare, I don't see a reason why I shouldn't use this.
  • Can be quite pricey with Benefit being a mid-range brand but priced competitively against high end foundations but I find the price worth it because of everything listed on "Thumbs up".

Who might like this?

Those who prefer light-medium coverage and likes the dewy look. Those who have dry to normal skin might find this suitable for their skin type.

Who might not?

Those who prefer matte or satin finishes. Combination-oily skin types.

Overall Rating: 4.5/5


Wearing Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow

Have you tried Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Makeup?

Have a wonderful Thursday, everyone! :)

Cheers,

6 comments:

  1. "Those who prefer light-medium coverage and likes the dewy look."

    This is me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kaya nga love ko to coz it's dewy and perfect for my dry skiN! I agree, light to medium coverage lang talaga great for daily use :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pammy,
    I tbought this a while ago and I am actually liking it quite well.
    I love the glow it gives to my skin and it helps to cover some redness I have on my inner cheek area. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it too! The glow is such a winner in my book. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)