I love Shiseido Supplist Poreless Powder Foundation but since it has been discontinued, I thought that trying what supposedly replaced it is a good idea so I can tell if I should forget about Shiseido foundations and just stick to Kanebo. Although I still have Supplist, I decided to buy the Sheer Mattifying Compact and it's what I have been using lately. Here is my review on their newest foundation.
My perfect shade is O20 though I have O00 in Supplist because I am acidic. But I have Sheer Mattifying in O40.
Description on the box:
Skin Type: Normal to Oily, and Combination
An oil-free powder foundation that maintains a silky-smooth touch and a natural sheer matte finish all day long. Can be applied with a dry or moistened sponge.
What I like:
- Texture is smooth and silky and powder is finely milled, amazing overall.
- Powder makes the skin feel smooth, soft and silky.
- This feels so much lighter on the skin that Supplist.
- Although it says that it provides medium coverage, I find that it provides light or sheer coverage which I like but may be a con to those who prefer heavy coverage foundation.
- Since the shade I have - O40 - is a tad dark on me, it still works especially when I use it to set a lighter shade of foundation or BB cream. When used alone, the shade difference isn't too obvious as this goes on sheer or light.
- Did not break me out nor did it cause any allergic reaction.
- It has SPF10 which is pretty okay for a powder foundation.
- Staying power is pretty decent. It does not last all day on my combi-oily skin but 3-4 hours is acceptable in my case. :)
- Locally available at selected malls.
What I don't like:
- Just like any Japanese brand, it's pricey. SRP is PHP1650 (introductory price and may or may have already increased to PHP1850) for the refill and a more or less than PHP1000 for the compact alone.
- I find this darker than the O40 shade I had in Supplist before so it seems pretty inconsistent to me. (see swatches)
Overall rating: 4.5/5 I actually like this better than Supplist.
Will I buy again? Yes! But I have my heart set on trying another one from Kanebo. :P
What's your fave powder foundation?
Happy Saturday, super awesome peeps! :P