Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Product Review: Shiseido Sheer Mattifying Compact

I love Shiseido Supplist Poreless Powder Foundation but since it has been discontinued, I thought that trying what supposedly replaced it is a good idea so I can tell if I should forget about Shiseido foundations and just stick to Kanebo. Although I still have Supplist, I decided to buy the Sheer Mattifying Compact and it's what I have been using lately. Here is my review on their newest foundation.



I like the sleek black compact better than the dark purple one for Supplist.

My perfect shade is O20 though I have O00 in Supplist because I am acidic. But I have Sheer Mattifying in O40.

Description on the box:

Coverage: Medium
Finish: Matte
Skin Type: Normal to Oily, and Combination

An oil-free powder foundation that maintains a silky-smooth touch and a natural sheer matte finish all day long. Can be applied with a dry or moistened sponge.

Non-comedogenic
Dermatologist-tested

What I like:
- Texture is smooth and silky and powder is finely milled, amazing overall.
- Powder makes the skin feel smooth, soft and silky.
- This feels so much lighter on the skin that Supplist.
- Although it says that it provides medium coverage, I find that it provides light or sheer coverage which I like but may be a con to those who prefer heavy coverage foundation.
- Since the shade I have - O40 - is a tad dark on me, it still works especially when I use it to set a lighter shade of foundation or BB cream. When used alone, the shade difference isn't too obvious as this goes on sheer or light.
- Did not break me out nor did it cause any allergic reaction.
- Oil-free
- It has SPF10 which is pretty okay for a powder foundation.
- Staying power is pretty decent. It does not last all day on my combi-oily skin but 3-4 hours is acceptable in my case. :)
- Locally available at selected malls.

What I don't like:
- Just like any Japanese brand, it's pricey. SRP is PHP1650 (introductory price and may or may have already increased to PHP1850) for the refill and a more or less than PHP1000 for the compact alone.
- I find this darker than the O40 shade I had in Supplist before so it seems pretty inconsistent to me. (see swatches)

Overall rating: 4.5/5 I actually like this better than Supplist.

Will I buy again? Yes! But I have my heart set on trying another one from Kanebo. :P


Swatches

What's your fave powder foundation?

Happy Saturday, super awesome peeps! :P

23 comments:

  1. Hi dear! You have such a lovely blog! Following! Follow back? Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Base on your swatches, the supplist 000 seems like the perfect match for your skintone. As the sheer mattifying looks a bit dark on you, but maybe perhaps it looks better in person and the staying power is good too. This is a great buy:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't tried this, but I have a feeling its great, Japanese makes great makeup and my favorite is Paul & Joe Dual Powder Foundation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can't beat Shiseido's quality!

    I have always wanted to check out their base line.

    I love the Dior 4x4 pore control powder foundation (besides lancome mineral foundation(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marella, thank you. Sure. :)

    Mina, I thought so too, it's perfect since I am acidic and makes it oxidize. If I will buy Sheer Mattifying again, I will get a lighter shade. :P

    Nikki, I still haven't tried Paul & Joe but if it's your fave, then it must be really good. I should probably try it. :P

    Nic, Shiseido gives consumers value for money. I haven't tried anything from Dior but I will definitely check it out and the Lancome one that you reviewed and made me want to try. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pammy, the Sheer Mattifying powder does not fit in the old Supplist compact? Oh no!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mel, don't fret. It DOES fit in the Supplist compact. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice review i want to try this but its just so expensive so i use in2it because it is good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi sis I have this too and I agree with your review this applies sheerly but beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous, I used to have In2It and I thought it was pretty good too. :)

    May, you nailed it with your description. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really nice review! :) Thanks! I really like these types of foundations because you can bring them on the go or keep it at home :) Does it last you awhile? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Btw, I am a new follower to your blog :) You had me at your Shiseido review! hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's good Pam. I prefer shisheido than Kanebo:)
    But Kanebo pencils are the best. I like the way you pick something.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great review. I've been wanting to try a SHiseido product myself. I've been so loyal to Lancome's powder foundation for YEARS but I think it's time for a change.

    Loved the makeover and Creme blush reviews. I can rave all day about how much I love NYX products.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Shiseido! especially their eyelash curler(:

    Great Blog! New follower..

    visit my beauty blog
    http://beautylessons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rainy Days and Lattes, haha! Thank you for following my blog. :P

    gingerSnap, I haven't tried Kanebo pencils but someone told me they are really good. I really like their foundation though. :P

    Angeltea7, thank you. Yeah, you may want to try Shiseido foundies. Though I have been itching to try something from Lancome. :P

    Furkie, I've read good reviews about their curlers. I might give them a try when my Shu curler retires. :P Thanks, will check out your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous, the refills cost either Php1650 or Php1850 and the compact costs less than Php1000. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is next on my Christmas list!

    ReplyDelete
  19. very impressive! thank you so much for making this review. i've been searching for something good about shiseido, i'm glad i found your blog! just so you know, i'm always confused every time i'm about to buy foundation. i want to get the best one but somehow i always ended up disappointed. do you have any idea about acidic face? i have a fairly light face...but it becomes horribly dark after using a light foundation. so depressing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Katrina, oh yes I do! I am acidic myself too and most, if not all foundations oxidize on me. True, it can be depressing especially if you really want to love it but oxidizes so bad. :( What I just do and most girls who are acidic do is buy a foundation a shade lighter so when it oxidizes on them, it'll match their skin tone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for the advice pammy... and why haven't i thought of that? teehee

    and thanks for following. i love reading your blogs =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)