Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Product Review: Shu Uemura High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil Fresh (Pink)

They say that oil combats oil and is very effective in removing makeup and other dirt and impurities on the face. Cleansing oils made its way in the market and more and more companies are coming up with their own versions and variants. The most popular brand, I must say, that made cleansing oils popular is Shu Uemura, which is a high end Japanese brand so you definitely cannot expect these products to come in cheap. They are expensive and can cost almost PHP5000  for the big bottles (of couse, having high mark ups in the Philippines is something that no longer surprises me). I cannot bring myself to spend that much on, well, oil. So I decided to buy sample sizes for myself to try and see if they will work for me. I got the Fresh variant - the pink one - as they say it works best for oily skinned individuals. I bought samples from a Hong Kong-based seller and they were reasonably priced. Anyway, I was able to use them several times and I think it's time to give it a review.



Description on the website:

A lightweight cleansing oil that leaves the skin clean, fresh and refined. ideal for normal to oily skin types and acne-prone skin.

What I like:
- It is very effective in removing makeup especially waterproof ones like mascara and gel liners.
- Does not sting my eyes.
- A little goes a long way. I don't need a handful to remove all the makeup on my face.
- Not as oily as extra virgin olive oil and cooking oils! :P
- Can be easily washed off with water.

What I don't like:

- My skin feels greasy after using this so using facial wash after this is a must.
- Gave me 4 pimples overnight! Thank God spot treatment using ACV saved me!
- The scent bothers me a bit. I can't describe the smell.
- Expensive if you buy this locally.

Overall rating:
2/5

Will I buy again?
No. I tried the Missha Perfect BB Deep Cleansing Oil last year and it works just the same, if not better since I did not break out with it. If I will use cleansing oil again, it will be the one from Missha. But then again, maybe cleansing oils aren't for me. I'm sticking with Shu Uemura's blushes instead. :P

Do you use cleansing oil? What's your favorite?

Happy Sunday, super awesome peeps! :)

15 comments:

  1. i'm still on the lookout, Pammy :) glad you find Missha's as good as Shu's! laking tipid nun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this too! And your right there are cheaper alternatives that does as much, I also hate the filmy residue on my skin after:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mina, I thought I was the only one who experiences having that filmy residue on the skin. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I still have the sample size of this in which I got last year. October 2009.

    This one really works! It kinda breaks me out if I use it like 2 to 3 days in a row, so I only use it when I have extremely heavy makeup.

    That was when I was still in the realm of modeling and going home with avant garde makeup look. :) ( i'm not bragging )

    but now I hardly use it already. the last time was last september i think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marshy, I can just imagine how heavy your makeup must be back then. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good thing you did this review, a friend of mine-who just came home from a trip to Japan told me about this cleanser. Her skin must be drier than mine cuz I can't imagine using oil cleanser to wash my face. especially since I live in such a humid climate. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use the green variant and I've finished 4 HUGE bottle of these and I bought them at Duty Free Philippines for the cheaper price! I am using cleansing oil most of the time to remove makeup on my skin! I will be using a cheaper variant (from Korea) because you're right, they are still expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try this cleansing oil but after reading your review nakakawala ng gana LOL at least nakasave ako coz this is really expensive haha. I just use Maybelline makeup remover for my eye makeup and Purederm age defying wipes =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Becky, yeah. At least I saved myself a few thousand bucks. :)

    Angeltea, I agree. The greasy feel isn't something desirable. :)

    Nikki, good for you. Your skin loves the green variant. Tried that one too but still, another failure for me. :(

    Kim, I'm sticking to the Purederm Acne Wash Cleansing tissues and my Andrea Eye Q Makeup Remover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the purple one. didn't break me out.. (at least, yet) i only got it because it was on clearance 505 off haha but after i finish thies one i may be trying DHC's. shu's expensive here too. boo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. JaJa, lucky you, it didn't break you out! :) I agree, there are cheaper alternatives out there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super thank you for this review!!! It helped me a lot. Love your blog! Followed you. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)