They say that oil combats oil and is very effective in removing makeup and other dirt and impurities on the face. Cleansing oils made its way in the market and more and more companies are coming up with their own versions and variants. The most popular brand, I must say, that made cleansing oils popular is Shu Uemura, which is a high end Japanese brand so you definitely cannot expect these products to come in cheap. They are expensive and can cost almost PHP5000 for the big bottles (of couse, having high mark ups in the Philippines is something that no longer surprises me). I cannot bring myself to spend that much on, well, oil. So I decided to buy sample sizes for myself to try and see if they will work for me. I got the Fresh variant - the pink one - as they say it works best for oily skinned individuals. I bought samples from a Hong Kong-based seller and they were reasonably priced. Anyway, I was able to use them several times and I think it's time to give it a review.
Description on the website:
A lightweight cleansing oil that leaves the skin clean, fresh and refined. ideal for normal to oily skin types and acne-prone skin.
What I like:
- It is very effective in removing makeup especially waterproof ones like mascara and gel liners.
- Does not sting my eyes.
- A little goes a long way. I don't need a handful to remove all the makeup on my face.
- Not as oily as extra virgin olive oil and cooking oils! :P
- Can be easily washed off with water.
What I don't like:
- My skin feels greasy after using this so using facial wash after this is a must.
- Gave me 4 pimples overnight! Thank God spot treatment using ACV saved me!
- The scent bothers me a bit. I can't describe the smell.
- Expensive if you buy this locally.
Overall rating: 2/5
Will I buy again? No. I tried the Missha Perfect BB Deep Cleansing Oil last year and it works just the same, if not better since I did not break out with it. If I will use cleansing oil again, it will be the one from Missha. But then again, maybe cleansing oils aren't for me. I'm sticking with Shu Uemura's blushes instead. :P
Do you use cleansing oil? What's your favorite?
Happy Sunday, super awesome peeps! :)