Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Un-freakin-believable!

I was checking my emails a few minutes ago and I cannot believe my eyes when I saw an email from a person I do not know. Let's just call this person "UNSUB" (unknown subject) since I love Criminal Minds. The email was outrageous and really had me raise an eyebrow and seriously made my jaw drop. I was really contemplating on whether or not I should post about it but then I really want to answer that email and raise a few points as well. I just took screenshots of my mailbox so I can show you exactly what's in the mail. Just click on the pictures to enlarge them.




I had to blur the other emails for privacy. Excerpts from the email underlined and in bold and my response in bold and red.


"I CAME ACROSS YOUR BLOG WHEN I WAS LOOKING FOR REVIEWS FOR CERTAIN MAKEUPS. i CAOULDN'T HELP MYSELF BY SENDING YOU AN EMAIL BECAUSE I THINK YOU ARE ONE STUPID BITHC JUST LIKE ALL BEAUTY BLOGGERS."

- First of all, thank you for dropping by my blog. Back on topic - beauty bloggers are not stupid. It takes a lot of time to come up with just a single post and anything on that post has to be well thought of. Therefore, beauty bloggers utilize their pretty brains to think. And STUPID is a mean word. I firmly believe that this is a tight knit community full of beautiful people who only see the beauty in another person. I think you did not actually take the time reading all the blogs you have visited because if you have, you will, at one point or another see that our world do not revolve around makeup alone.

"TO BE HONEST I WANTED TO NOT THINK OF YOU AS A STUPID PERSON BECAUYSE YOU WRITE WELL AND IT SEEM LIKE YOU ARE EDUCATED BECAUSE YOU ALMOST HAVE PERFECT GRAMMAR. BUT AFTER READING ALL YOUR BLOGS, I NOW THINK YOU ARE JUST SHALLOW JUST LIKE OTHER BLOGGERS, BRAGGING ABOUT HOW MUCH MONEY THEY WASTE ON MAKEUP, EXPENSIVE ONES. REALLY WHAT GOOD DO YOU GET FROM FLAUNTING THOSE BRANDED MAKEUPS YOU HAVE AND EVEN COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW THEY DO NOT WORK FOR YOU? WASTING YOUR MONEY ON SOMETHING THAT YOU DON'T LIKE IS JUST STUPID."

- Wow, thanks for trying to not think of me as a stupid individual and for telling me that I write well. Compliment taken. :) Alright, I have never mentioned my income in any of my posts and so far, I have not encountered any blog telling people how much money they earn. In some cultures, talking about a person's income is taboo. I absolutely have no idea how much other beauty bloggers earn and it has never crossed my mind to disclose and share to the rest of the world my income so to simply assume that we waste a lot of money on makeup is not fair at all. And besides, not all beauty bloggers use high end makeups. You mentioned that you are looking for reviews of makeups and that means you most likely use makeup too. And if you do, that would mean you know that there are inexpensive makeup, both local and drugstore. Whether or not a person uses expensive or inexpensive makeup, that is a matter of personal preference. As they say, to each his own. While I and other bloggers are guilty of complaining about certain products, I only think it is completely natural for someone to complain about something that gave him/her bad effects at least once in his/her life. If you have NEVER, at any point complained about something, even as simple as how hot or cold the weather is, how bad the traffic is, I don't think you are human at all. Of course, you can just as easily rely on other people's reviews but then if something gave someone else a positive result, there is no guarantee that it will also work for you. That's why there are disclaimers on most, if not all, blogs. And the only way for you to know if a product will work for you or not is to try it out and see for yourself.


"THAT'S HOW I CAME TO THE ANALYSIS THAT YOU ARE A STUPID BITCH THAT IS ONE OF THE SUPERFICIAL AND VAIN STUPID PEOPLE ON THE WEB."

- Ouch! That hurts because I am guilty of being vain but only to a certain extent and most of all, that does not necessarily mean that's all there is to me. After all, vanity is my favorite sin. But that does not necessarily mean I am stupid. If I am as stupid as you think I am, I would probably be crying my eyes out for receiving this nasty email of yours and never ever be heard from in the blogsphere again. But no. I will continue what I am doing because I like it. I have met people who share the same passion and interests and really, beauty bloggers (and other bloggers in general) are seriously a bunch of people that are beautiful both on the outside and inside.

"DON'T YOU HAVE OTHER THINGS TO DO IN LIFE AND IS THIS ACTUALLY WHAT YOUR PARENTS RAISED YOU FOR? I SOUND MEAN BUT SOMEONE HAS TO SHED LIGHT ON YOU AND TELL YOU TO STOP THIS STUPIDITY WHILE YOU STILL CAN AND JUST WRITE ABOUT OTHER THINGS THAT CAN ACTUALLY BE OF USE TO THE WHOLE WORLD. WAKE UP CALL, BABY. SAYANG KA."

- No, my parents did not raise me up thinking that I will do beauty blogging as a profession. I do other things in life. I write things other than beauty-related stuff and that is what I do for a living. While I appreciate your "intent" to give me a wake up call, this kind of email is totally uncalled for and is outright rude and nasty. Well, product reviews from beauty bloggers are useful, yes! Especially to those who are starting out with makeup. What's wrong with wanting to look presentable? Check out MakeUpAlley where there are tons and tons of reviews that are useful to consumers.

I am wide awake, BABY! And please, if you have nothing nice to say to a person, might as well just zip it! Between the two of us, I think you are more sayang than I am because you actually call people stupid without knowing anything about them and more so, you took the time to send me a mean email. Happy holidays! :)

Whew! That was long. These are all I have to say to you, Mr./Ms. Stupidpeoplebuster!

34 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! that person is UNBELIEVABLE! He/she has the gall to say those insensitive words without even considering the feelings of other people. Obviously he/she doesn't know any better! When i read your post i cannot help but emphatize coz i also blog about beauty products.

    Anyway, just don't mind him/her. You're one great blogger! Just stay fabulous sis:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure pangit yan sis. Naiinsecure lang sa beauty mo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mina, true. It won't hurt to be a little sensitive to other people's feelings. Thank you, I'm not letting one person ruin my appetite for blogging. :P

    Donna, yeah, kaloka talaga. I was willing to simply ignore that email and let it pass but I somehow felt like that person has this angst against beauty bloggers in general. Kaloka sya! :P

    Bec, haha! Natawa naman ako. That person is either just tripping or has serious issues. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're just giving reviews no flaunting thingy issue tsktsk ;) don't mind her Pammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nadine, could be the haul posts? Anyway, I'm done with her na after giving a piece of my mind. Thanks, dear. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. i actually appreciate you took the time to reply to such a nasty email! Forget about this person - he/she's not making any sense at all - afterall he/she is looking for reviews, and if there are no beauty bloggers where will the reviews come from?

    chin up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I am a silent follower of your blog. I can't help but react to that nasty email. My goodness! And what was she/he doing looking for make-up REVIEWS anyway?

    The nerve of that person. How could that person use such language to people she/he doesn't even know and pass on judgment like that? That person doesn't know the meaning of respect.

    You have always been level-headed in voicing out your opinions. Kudos to you for keeping your cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very proud of you Pammy for handling this VERY VERY well! *hugs* You know what? Think of it as someone not doing much na lang, email pa lang and the name is obvious that this person cannot give constructive criticisms. I mean, anyone can react but use the right language di ba? :)

    Basta, hats off to you for all the wonderful answers! :"D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'm not getting one like that because I'm still working on the layout of my contacts page. :) chill lang, pammy. you have a lot of people wanting you to write more beauty resources than you think.

    smile! we're going shopping soon, right? :D *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really interesting. I must agree though .. you write beautifully!!Love your comeback.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jennifer, true! I think my chin is now sky high. Haha! Thanks, dear. :P

    Anonymous, thank you dear. My thinking exactly. Thanks a lot for reading my blog too. :P

    Nikki, I couldn't agree more. I can take constructive feedback naman eh but apparently, he/she chose not to give one. Thanks, dear. :P

    Argie, I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that you won't receive that exact email. Thanks for checking up on me and see you on ThursdaTE. :P

    Caroline, interesting indeed. Haha! Thanks, dear. :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yikes, someone obviously had so much time on her hands she just had to bother herself and send you that email :{

    Good job on your answers. If she thinks beauty blogging is stupid, what about sending nasty emails?

    Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a rude person. THEY are the ones who need a wake up call!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! I can't believe a person would actually take the time in their day to write an email. First off if she is against beauty bloggers why did she spend time reading all of your blog posts? lol

    Anyhow, thanks for sharing Pammy! and great response :) Blogging is definitely my outlet for sharing and connecting with people who share the same love for beauty and no one has the right to tell you what you should or should not be doing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tara, gyc, amy, I agree with you all! Thanks, dearies. :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Pammy I am so so sorry that you ever had to receive an email like this. I know that we as beauty/fashion bloggers do put ourselves out there but people can choose whether to click on our pages and read on or if they dont like what they see the have the freedom to click away which is what I hope most people do if they dont like what they say. You did not deserve this email. There is nothing wrong with beauty blogging for a hobby or for a living. I am a cosmetologist part time and I am a stylist part time for a photographer. then I blog on the side so my whole world is pretty much filled up with clothing, beauty, hair, make up, you name it! You are gorgeous inside and out and I LOVE your blog and find it EXTREMELY helpful and so do the other wonderful followers you have! So, all the beauty/fashion bloggers unite! We will keep our heads held high and MOVE FORWARD!
    LOVE YA GIRL!!!

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  17. Angela, I totally agree with everything you said. Thank you, dear. :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. That person is so low to send you an email. Unbelievable!! I like your reply though :) Much more well written than the unknown loser. She has absolutely no life and is just lame to write something so mean. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. well... that was.. shocking.
    HAHA! Don't believe it sis! You're a great blogger! Love your blog!
    HINDI ka SAYANG!

    from: Pretzel
    http://pretzelgurl11.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG she's rude! naku, wag mo nalang pansinin Pammy...

    ReplyDelete
  21. naman dami na talaga online bullies :D wag mo na intindihan yan :D naghahanap lang siguro ng attention :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aika, oo nga. Papampam lang. Thanks, sister. :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh no pammy. just read about this now. that's so sad because i started my blog because of you guys! the ones who had beauty blogs for years and i got inspired to start my own because i wanted to share what i know about beauty stuff, fashion and life! to me you are an inspiration so just ignore those and know that you still have friends here in the blogworld. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dang girl, that spammer is one STUPID spammer haha.. :)

    Sorry for the harsh words, nakakairita lang yang ganyan.

    Eh bat basa basa pa sya kung ganyan lang din,

    1. insecure
    2. immature

    I enjoy reading your blog sis and I know a lot of others too. So dedma lang yan sa inggiterang lokaret na yan

    ReplyDelete
  25. K, thanks. Pero natawa ako sa "inggiterang lokaret" haha! :P

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think this is the first time i came across your blog n i find it very cute~. that mean email is very rude... I think a lot of sucessful bloggers get that sometimes. Although I have no idea why those ppl find it necessary to send this type of emails, I am sure you can just ignore them. ^^

    Read the story here, Please help. Thank you

    xoxo HitomiNeko xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like how you write too and enjoy reading your blog. Well as for the hate mail, I think it's kind of flattering to receive one. Not that I'd be happy with it but because that person cared enough ("like" your blog enough) to write it. When you expose yourself in the Internet , there's a tendency that you'll be bash and it goes with all the famous people around the world. Just look at the tabloids. Meaning your blog is getting popular. Fame has it's price. I think it goes the same way with popular makeup bloggers like Michelle Phan.

    I think this is an interesting post!

    Despite what the hater said about being show off, I don't think you are. I think you're helping the readers into making a smart decision before making their purchases. Thru your tests , we are able to glimpse how products perform. I do understand this hater's concern though because it has some truths to it. Some people view cosmetics as "wasteful" purchase. Nevertheless, cosmetics is a huge industry and there's a huge demand for it and feeling good about yourself though cosmetic is not wasteful ordeal.
    Lastly, people have different lifestyles and beliefs. We should never impose our beliefs and lifestyles on others.

    ReplyDelete
  28. wew. ngayon ko lang nabasa to sis. she's soooo mean for calling you a "bitch" and for judging us, beauty bloggers, as stupid! :/

    wala syang right kasi passion natin tong make-up at hindi naman nya pera yung ginagastos natin sa make-ups natin, diba? I firmly believe that beauty blogging isn't stupidity or done by stupid people who have nothing to do but just brag their make-ups and all... beauty blogging is more of sharing what you know about make-up and helping those other make-up lovers too. it's more of a community of give and take.. we get ideas from other beauty bloggers and we also give a piece of our expertise to them, in return. :))

    cheer up, sis pammy! we can never please everyone talaga. having a hater means may naiinsecure sayo at bongga ka! ;)

    blog pa rin tayo ng blog. mamatay sya sa inggit! :) Happy holidays <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. oh my gosh, there's lots of sick people eh, I didn't read this part of your blog, they're rude! insecure and definitely fugly! don't mind them, for me I like you, I think you're beautiful in and out

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)