Here's another ELF makeup review, this time, it's the Brightening Eyecolor Quad in Ivy (Greens). I only use drugstore eyeshadows because I'm obviously a newbie when it comes to eyeshadow and I can't bring myself to spend a lot .just for something I don't often use.
What I like:
- The color combination is great. All four colors work together.
- Pigmentation is pretty decent. Not super pigmented (which may be a con to some) and can still be used for a natural look.
- Texture is creamy for a powder eyeshadow.
- Not chalky though some complained about it being chalky but this one isn't.
- Did not experience having fall outs.
- Inexpensive at only PHP129.75 (around $3 which could already be the Studio Line in the US).
- Locally available at selected Watson's branches and department stores nationwide.
What I don't like:
- Lasting power is kinda poor if used without primer especially for those with oily lids (like mine).
- Packaging is pretty flimsy and tacky. There is a small mirror where the applicator compartment is, designed for touch ups but kinda useless since it's too small.
Overall rating: 3.5/5
Will I buy again? I would like to try the other quads. :)
Have you used cheap drugstore eyeshadow? What do you think of them? :)
Happy Wednesday, super awesome peeps! :P