Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Product Review: EcoTools Bamboo Blush Brush

Investing on good brushes is something every make up aficionado should know. When I say good brushes, I am talking about the quality and not the price tag. Brushes do not necessarily have to have a hefty price tag to perform really well. You get what you pay for is the most common argument, like if you buy something for a really cheap price, you end up with something that has poor or lesser quality than if you paid more for it. Of course, it is not entirely true in all cases. On most, it is, but there are a few exceptions to the rule. I am one of those who initially never understood why I have to pay more for cosmetic brushes when they are already included in some cosmetics and there are cheap ones so I bought this brush set from a local brand I won't name (clue: sounds Japanese or Chinese) thinking those will do. I was wrong. I couldn't bring myself to use them on my face after the first few times because they were utterly scratchy and quite a pain to use aside from being flimsy and basically not doing a good job at all. My first ever soft brush is the Every Day Minerals flat top kabuki brush (which I will be reviewing soon) and I sort of understood why I have to pay a little extra to get something good. Then came the EDM LHK and when I started reading reviews about EcoTools, I had my cousin in the US buy some of those for me and I was a happy girl when he finally handed them to me the moment he arrived here to visit. I instantly fell in love the moment I took each brush out from the ziplocks. The one I ultimately fell in love with is the Bamboo Blush Brush which I will be reviewing today. Okay, that was quite a speech so without further delays, here are the pictures and the review.


I have stopped using this brush May this year because that was the time I discovered the Marionnaud N32 Slanted Blusher Brush and this took the backseat. But I have recently started using it again and I am once again amazed with the quality of this brush.


What I like:
- This brush is super soft and application feels great on the skin. I couldn't describe it any other way.
- The bristles are dense and fluffy and the size is perfect for my chubby cheeks.
- Eco-friendly and animal-friendly as the bristles are made of synthetic taklon (animal cruelty-free), ferrule is made of recycled tin, and handle is made of bamboo.
- Picks up just the right amount of pigment and deposits color on the cheeks really well.
- Has not shed on me at all even after having this for about a year and a half.
- Bleeding was never a problem for this brush. I have never experienced it at all.
- Even though it has been washed several times, the bristles did not turn scratchy.
- I have tried using this as a powder brush and it still works.
- Inexpensive but has good quality - this is exactly what I was talking about on my opening statements.

What I don't like:
- Not locally available though this can be purchased online from resellers (local and international).

In between: Having a big and fluffy head may be a con to some especially for those with small faces as it might be too big for their cheeks. But if you have the powder brush from the Mineral Brush Set, you can try using that for blushes. Or you can use this as a powder brush instead.

Overall rating: 5/5 Whoever said that good quality brushes have to be expensive has never heard of EcoTools yet.

Will I buy again? Yes! But hopefully, I won't have to since it'll be hard to get my hands on this brush.

Side view

 
See how thick and fluffy this brush is?

What's your favorite blush brush?

Happy Wednesday, super awesome peeps! :)

11 comments:

  1. Ooh, thank you for the info! I have always bought MAC brushes and have liked them. Having good brushes is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stumbled across your blog so I'm here for the first time and wow! I've been trying to build a better brush collection. Most of my brushes are on the cheap side but I just discovered an Ecotools slanted eyeliner brush and I like it. maybe I'll try this one :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered an eye brush set na :) HAHAHA!!! can't wait to use it

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love this brush!

    this is my favorite blush brush..not that i have a lot of blush brushes but i reach for this every time i put on blush.
    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shan Renee, I agree that having good brushes is a must! :)

    Angeltea7, yeah, this is a good brush to try. :)

    Nadine, review review! :P

    Thiamere, I love this brush too! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, thick and fluffy. :P

    Nadine, will look forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pammy loves! it does look soft and fluffy! i want to try it!!! :)

    oh u need to visit Muji, they have something for everyone! Even Lurvey enjoyed our short shopping trip there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. G, try it! I love this brush, it's such a simple pleasure just by using it. :P I might go there just for the blushes. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this brush. However I do have a problem with the color payoff I get from using this on any blush. I used to think that my blush was the problem, but then I switched to in2it Waterproof Blush in romance (which had good reviews as well) and realized that the softness of this blush brush picks up very little color. This does a good job for powder application, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)