Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Product Review: Andrea Eye-Q's Makeup Remover Gel

Our skin should be free from any form of makeup before hitting the sack so finding a makeup remover that works is important. If you don't want to wake up with a giant pimple on your face, then you should remove your make up. Sleeping with it on your face can definitely cause blemishes and I'm sure no one likes pimples. Back then, I would just settle for a facial wash or cleanser and thought that it was okay. But I became aware (thanks to forums and blogs) that washing the face isn't enough and something has to remove deep seated dirt or make up that regular facial wash cannot remove. So I decided to try makeup removers. I have tried Skinfood Tea Tree Cleansing Gel (broke me out), Fasio Cleansing Oil (broke me out too), Missha Perfect BB Deep Cleansing Oil, Shu Uemura High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil Fresh (broke me out as well), and what I've been using for a year now and what I will be reviewing, Andre Eye-Q's Makeup Remover Gel.


On the bottle, it says that:

Andrea Eye-Q's Makeup Remover Gel is an oil-free formula that sweeps away long lasting eye and lip makeup. The non-irritating gel contains Panthenol to condition lashes and Grape Seed Extract to help keep delicate skin around the eye area smooth and soft. Ideal for those who wear contact lenses or have sensitive skin.

Sounds good, right?

It does not have the usual pump so you have to press the cotton (pad) against it to dispense the product.

What I like:
- Oil-free and made for those with combination-oily skin, as indicated on the bottle.
- I do not see the dreaded word "paraben" on the ingredients list or anywhere else on the bottle.
- Since this is in gel form, it does not make my skin greasy and oily the way cleansing oils make me feel.
- It easily removes my gel eyeliner and mascara and any other makeup on the rest of my face.
- Has a shelf life of 36 months.
- I find this makeup remover inexpensive for PHP350 with 110mL of product because you don't need a lot to remove your makeup (unless it's really heavy, you may need more). I've had mine for a year now and I'm only halfway through it.
- I find it kind of refreshing.
- Did not cause any allergic reaction, did not break me out. Good for those with sensitive skin indeed.
- Locally available at Beauty Bar stores.

What I don't like:
- There is a very light hint of alcohol on the scent but nothing really bothersome.
- The cap and the pump gets a little sticky.

Overall rating: 4.5/5

Will I buy again? Yes. I shouldn't have strayed and tried other makeup removers. I should probably stick to this one. :)

Tip: When I remove my eye makeup using this product,I just lightly press the cotton pad on my eyes (lids, of course), hold for a few seconds, then very gently and lightly swipe it off my eyelids. There is absolutely no need to rub it against my eyes as I find that this product easily removes my makeup. 

It's a transparent gel.


What's your favorite makeup remover?

Happy Friday, super awesome peeps! :P

14 comments:

  1. i love the Body Shop's camomile gentle eye make up remover. it does what it says on the tin - it's gentle and it removes my eye makeup effortlessly. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gyc, that's nice if it's being gentle while it does the job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the pump is a gorgeous idea but not for sticky product! :) Glad its gentle though :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki, true. A regular pump dispenser would've been better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome!!! Thanks for sharing, I hate tugging my eye with harsh makeup remover. Hope they hv this in singapore

    ReplyDelete
  6. dblchin, yeah, tugging is bad for our eyes. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought this, I want a non-cleansing oil remover for my eye makeup (naubusan na ako ng Mandom, that really worked so well!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mel, I hope this will work for you. I also see eye makeup remover pads from them. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)