As I have mentioned several times before (and you have probably gotten tired of it), I've been a powder foundation user for years now simply because it works great on my combi-oily skin. I have tried several brands and I found love with some of them while there are also some that I would rather forget. It has been 4 years since I crossed paths with MAC. The first time I tried it, I was given the NC40 shade by a sales assistant who seemed less interested in helping me out. I didn't know better back then and fully trusted him/her. He/she asked what I am looking for and I told him I wanted a powder foundation. He just simply handed me an NC40 powder foundation and silly me went straight to the counter and paid for it. To my horror when I got home, it was dark on me but I still used it up anyway as I didn't want my Php1500 go to waste. Now I know better and have never gone back to the Glorietta branch. :P Anyway, enough blabbing and time for the review. Honestly, I've no idea why I have never ever reviewed this foundation that was once my HG and something that I have been using for 4 years now.
What I like:
- The coverage of this powder foundation is amazing! I do not have to use a concealer except for my under eyes when I use this.
- Gives a smooth and flawless finish.
- I like the packaging which is a sleek round compact.
- A little goes a long way. I rarely ever touch up with this foundation.
- Has never broken me out nor caused any allergic reactions. I know a lot of people have broken out with this foundation and I guess I am part of the minority who never experienced that.
- I like how the coverage can be built up. It can go on light by using a fluffly powder brush to medium coverage with the help of a dry sponge or a flat top brush to really heavy by using a damp sponge.
- Staying power is good. Lasts for a few hours on my skin.
- One compact lasts for a long time. I've had this one for about a year and a half now. (Well, I use others too but when this was the only foundation I used back then, it took me a year to finish that compact.)
- Reasonably priced at Php1600.
- Locally available at MAC counters (Rustan's EDSA Shang, Glorietta, Robinson's Place Manila, Marionnaud MOA, Duty Free and I may have missed one branch.)
What I don't like:
- Has the tendency to cake if used when touching up.
- Oxidizes on me since I am acidic.
- No SPF (though it can be remedied by using sunblock underneath).
Overall rating: 4/5
Will I buy again? Yes! This was my HG powder foundation before I started using Shiseido, Kanebo, and Estee Lauder. It wouldn't have been my HG back then if it does not meet my expectations.
Happy Thursday, super awesome peeps! :P