Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Product Review: Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap - Lavender Pure Castille Soap (Brush Cleaner)

Keeping our brushes clean is important as we use them on our face. Dirty brushes can irritate our skin and can cause blemishes like pimples and I'm sure no one loves having pimples. Aside from the spot cleaners, deep cleaning at least once a week is essential because it will remove all the dirt and makeup residues that the spot brush cleaners cannot remove. I'd like to share a soap that effectively removes all those dirt - the Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap 18-in-1 Hemp Lavender Pure Castille Soap.


What I like:
- You only need a little amount to clean one brush.
- Effectively removes dirt even on just the first wash.
- Easily lathers.
- No detergents and did not cause any break outs at all.
- My brushes still feel soft even after several washes using this soap.
- This magic soap can be used in several other ways - shampoo, safe enough to be used on babies, etc.
- One bottle lasts for a long time. I've had this for a little over a year yet I haven't used up this 118mL of bottle.
- It may seem expensive at first because it costs more or less than PHP300 (I forgot the actual price) but given the quality and how long this lasts, I would say it's cheap in the long run.
- Locally available at Healthy Options.

What I don't like:
- The lavender scent but it's just my nose. Some may find the scent relaxing but I don't. **This is subjective**

Overall rating: 5/5 I still gave it a 5 because it performs well.

Will I buy again? Yes! But I will try other variants like peppermint or if they have unscented ones. :)

 After more than a year, I still have a lot left. I think this will last for another 6 months.

Happy Tuesday, super awesome peeps! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pammy loves! I didnt know Healthy Options had brush cleansers too! its more expensive compared to baby shampoo, but waaay cheaper than Shu Uemura brush cleaner! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey G! I tried baby shampoo but I didn't find it effective. Yeah, if it's from Shu, I don't expect it to be cheap. Haha! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have this in peppermint & the cooling sensation is terrific!

    i like the fact that just a drop of this can have a big lather on my foam. so i know what you're saying about this being economical & lasting like forever for it does!
    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thiamere, yes. You just summed it all in one sentence. Love it! :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)