Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Make your Eye Bags Instantly Disappear (a concealer trick)

Eye bags and dark under eye circles are two of our worst enemies aside from acne and wrinkles so we do our best to lessen and to conceal them. But when it is hereditary, your best friend will be the concealer. I grew up without that problem and I didn't have dark circles back then. It was just the puffiness of my eyes (as if they were bulging out) and that creates that nasty shadow.

Having insomnia and having an average of 2-3 hours of sleep every day (more if I take my medicines), I now have both problems - dark circles and puffiness. It is just frustrating to be dealing with something I did not have to deal with before. It came to a point that I was seriously considering having botox done on my under eyes so the puffiness will be gone. But I am mighty scared of needles and knowing that it will be done on my under eyes and seeing it actually going to that direction, I might just pass out or smack the dermatologist or whoever will perform it. So instead, I am relying heavily on concealers, I think I have 6 now. I use them mostly on my under eyes and not on blemishes. But it's such a hit or miss and quite tricky. Sometimes, they cover it well but ends up being cakey, and sometimes, they just don't work at all. I am testing out an eye cream right now and I will be reviewing it once I've used up the product so I am now left with trying out different tips and tricks I come across with.

Thank God my favorite YouTube guru did a video that IS the answer to my problems - gossmakeupartist. I love this guru! His videos are super helpful aside from the fact that I love how sexy his accent is. :P Since I have tried one particular tip from him, I would like to share it with you guys and attest to its effectivity.


                       


The trick is to basically apply a lighter shade of concealer ON THE SHADOWS that the eye bags create and not on the eye bags themselves. I saw him work his magic on his very own eyes and seeing the results was enticing enough for me try it and ALAS! It works! I realized that I have been doing it wrong all along. I was applying concealers in the wrong places. I agree that it can be quite tricky at first and needs a little getting used to. I still make mistakes just like on the picture and the biggest mistake is that I was not able to blend it properly and you can still see the unblended concealer. For those of you who would like to see the video, I have embedded it.
                           

I am still practicing and haven't mastered it yet. I don't know if you can see the difference it made but I certainly do! I used the Maybelline Mineral Powder Natural Perfecting Concealer in Ivory which is a tad light for my skin tone. I honestly hope you can see the difference. And my mom who has been telling me how bad my under eyes are told me they looked better. I would love for you guys to also try it and see for yourselves. I can only do so much as to just keep on raving about this trick.

Happy Thursday, super awesome peeps! :)

27 comments:

  1. galing, bravo! this tip is super helpful! :) thanks for sharing sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argie, you don't need this trick as much as I do! Your under eyes are not dark. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also been suffering from insomnia lately, =( and I know it's weird but I usually sort of beg my brain to stop thinking at night so I could sleep. :P

    anyways eye-bags had never been a problem for me, I've even gone through a period wherein I didn't need any concealing anywhere (foundation did the trick) but I can see that slowly changing. Ah, sleep. thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tin, you're lucky to never have that problem. Yeah, if only it's so easy to get enough sleep for us insomniacs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice tip, what brush do u use to apply concealr?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see the difference!!!! Great job, it really takes a lot of time and practice to make your own dark undereye circles or bags at least disappear a bit no?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ive been neglecting my sleep recently pimples and bags combo talaga,added stress factor pa...concealing my bags talaga is the best for me hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great trick, Pam! I'll practice doing it, kasi I'm guilty of putting concealer at the wrong places, tapos super panget sa pictures! =/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ana, I use a lip brush or the brush included in the Maybelline Gel Liner for a more precise application. :)

    Nikki, glad you can see the difference. :P

    Kim, thank you. :P

    Shobe, true. Thanks to whoever invented concealers. :P

    Dang, yeah. Practice, practice tayo. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay! one more important thing is to use the correct shade for your under eye circles! thanks for the images Pammy loves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mel, I hope it'll work on you too. :)

    Donna, yey! Lemme know how it goes. :P

    Aika, I still remember your advise to use orange lipstick as a concealer, that was like 3 years ago pa at GT. :P

    G, yeah, that's a really useful tip tpo. :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes! this trick is definately works well for me, esp putting a bit of peachy tone concealer under my eyes works just as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anastacia, yey! I'm glad this trick works for you too. :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. so helpful! im gonna try this ^_^ super thanz sis!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lets hope to0 sis!! i wear glasses and ugh! those shadows are so obvious! now, i can say bye bye dark undereyes and seasonal eyebags ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Khryz, yay! Let me know how it goes for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for the info :) great post

    BTW left you an award at my blog :)

    http://nadinenatalin.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-first-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. you got like no black under your eyes anyways! I need this trick! haha thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Julia, if you can only see them in person. Haha! Thanks for following. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow! thanks for sharing! il definitely try this. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)