Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Product Review: Chanel Glossimer 48 Jean Rose

I like lipglosses because they add color and shine on the lips. Better if it is moisturizing because it becomes a multipurpose product - lip color, lip shine, lip conditioner, and lip prettifier. If there is one thing I hate about these products, it's the stickiness. I cannot stand wearing anything sticky on my lips as it makes me feel uneasy and really uncomfortable. I know some girls prefer stickier ones over those that are not because they seem to last longer but I don't. I like licking and biting my lips and I end up eating that gooey lip gloss and its taste is the least appetizing. Plus, don't you just hate it when your hair gets on your face and a couple of strands get some glosses on them and you end up with streaks of gloss on your cheeks? That's why I have given up on MAC lip glasses. I really can't wear them for a long time and end up removing them and settle for lip balm instead. Of course, not all lip glosses are like that. I have found love with NARS and Stila and yes, Styli-Style because they are not as sticky as MAC. ***Sorry MAC, I love some of your products but I can never bring myself to love your lip gloss.*** And here is another addition to the exception - Chanel Glossimer in 48 Jean Rose. I saw this brand new lip gloss for sale and did a little research on it only to find out that it has been discontinued. That's really sad because I might end up liking this shade and I'm left with the task of finding a substitute for this when I run out. But heck, I still purchased it and now I am reviewing it.




Of course, it comes in a classic Chanel packaging. Simple yet classy.


The Chanel logo


What I like:
- This is a lovely medium-bright shade of pink with a hint of rose in it. There are flecks and sparkles of different colors, somewhat like rainbow reflects when light hits it.
- Pigmented. I find it best to apply this as a lip tint rather than as a straight on gloss as it will look too loud and bright for my liking. I dot a little on each lip then spread them evenly on my lips using my pinkie.
- Not drying at all. I can apply this directly on my lips without the fear of having dry and flaky lips right after.
- A little goes a long way and staying power is really good. Even though I applied only a little amount, it stayed on my lips for 4 hours even after eating, drinking, and even puffing.
- The stickiness is just right. Nothing overly sticky like those from MAC. :D

- It does not settle on the lines of my lips.
- Can be layered to build intensity of the color.

- No annoying glitters that make it feel gritty.
- The packaging is really simple yet it has a hint of sophistication.
- No annoying sweet and fruity scent.


What I don't like:
- This particular shade has been discontinued so there is no hope to get another one.

- Although it does not settle on the lines of my lips, it emphasizes them so wearing a lip balm under it is a must.
- Glossimers are expensive and cost PHP1450. Glad to have gotten this for less than half the price. :)


Overall rating: 4/5

Will I buy again? Yes but not any time soon. I would like to try another shade though. :)


Swatch

Lip swatches - applied sheerly


What do you think of Glossimers? :)

Happy Sunday, super awesome peeps! :P

29 comments:

  1. looks so great on you, sensuous lips huh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madz, thank you! Haha on the sensuous lips. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. the shade is so pretty!!! (if only chanel stuff don't cost a bomb, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tin, thank you. :P

    Jennifer, I agree. I wish all Chanel makeups will be cheaper. Haha! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. O M Gee! isho pretty on you!!! :) such a shame its discontinued! i like glossimers, very smooth and not sticky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. G, thank you. I agree that they are smooth and not sticky. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you liked it! It really looks great on you. I would have kept this for my own if only I love gloss..But I really can't wear them coz I end up having peeling lips hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I super want this!!!! It looks good on you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nadine, yes it is. :P

    Gale, awww. Too bad, I'm sure this shade would've suited you. :)

    Efril, thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too pretty! I'm looking for a gloss this shade, it looks very flattering on you dear. :) Good thing it's discontinued, I'm so tempted to get one but it's too expensive! My hubby might just kill me. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  11. Juicybear, thank you. :) Haha! Tell him, "Honey, you love me right? Promise you won't kill me if I buy just one Chanel glossimer." :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pammy, so pretty! a shame that they no longer carry this shade. but im pretty sure there's a good dupe out there. we just have to keep searchin :) i miss you! let's meet up (together with Crystal!)

    LOL at the 'can i kiss you' comment. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. gingersnap, haha! A lip gloss that looks yummy. :P

    Argie, yeah, I hope there is a dupe that isn't sticky. :P Let's set a date with Crystal. Oh no, I'll look like your and Crystal's mom. :D I didn't delete that comment because it cracks me up, whoever Anonymous is. :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks really pretty. I'd love to try a couple Chanel products but I just can't bring myself to spend the money.....I love their sunglasses though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Angel, the sunglasses are more expensive than the makeups! But it can last for years unlike makeup. :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, my dear Pammy!
    I have just found your blog!
    I can see that you are a great fan of Chanel makeup products, lust like me!
    I love their glosses and this shade in particular is ismply gorgeous!
    XOXO
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  17. Catanya, thank you for dropping by my blog. :) Yeah, this shade is gorgoeus.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lol I asked him to buy me a set of ecotools brushes and he went, "what? this is expensive!". Now I know i'll never ask him to buy mac stuff. I have to train him pa. Haha.

    Oh please make an entry when you do find that dupe. I hope its not as expensive. :p

    Love reading your blog dear. It looks fresh and pretty, as well as easy to navigate. AND my eyes don't hurt from glaring grammatical errors. =D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Juicybear, thank you. :) Haha! Your husband's reaction is funny. Makeup is something most men will never understand. :P Tell him it's just like a man's passion for cars and gadgets. :P Will definitely try to find a dupe and blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't help it, I keep going back to this entry of yours dear! Haha. Yes the hubby is incredibly funny. To think he was the one who kept telling me na bagay sakin naka-makeup kasi I look pale without it. I should remind him about that. :P

    Oh happy day when THE DUPE is found! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Juicybear, yes! Your hubby definitely needs to be reminded of that. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)