I like lipglosses because they add color and shine on the lips. Better if it is moisturizing because it becomes a multipurpose product - lip color, lip shine, lip conditioner, and lip prettifier. If there is one thing I hate about these products, it's the stickiness. I cannot stand wearing anything sticky on my lips as it makes me feel uneasy and really uncomfortable. I know some girls prefer stickier ones over those that are not because they seem to last longer but I don't. I like licking and biting my lips and I end up eating that gooey lip gloss and its taste is the least appetizing. Plus, don't you just hate it when your hair gets on your face and a couple of strands get some glosses on them and you end up with streaks of gloss on your cheeks? That's why I have given up on MAC lip glasses. I really can't wear them for a long time and end up removing them and settle for lip balm instead. Of course, not all lip glosses are like that. I have found love with NARS and Stila and yes, Styli-Style because they are not as sticky as MAC. ***Sorry MAC, I love some of your products but I can never bring myself to love your lip gloss.*** And here is another addition to the exception - Chanel Glossimer in 48 Jean Rose. I saw this brand new lip gloss for sale and did a little research on it only to find out that it has been discontinued. That's really sad because I might end up liking this shade and I'm left with the task of finding a substitute for this when I run out. But heck, I still purchased it and now I am reviewing it.
What I like:
- This is a lovely medium-bright shade of pink with a hint of rose in it. There are flecks and sparkles of different colors, somewhat like rainbow reflects when light hits it.
- Pigmented. I find it best to apply this as a lip tint rather than as a straight on gloss as it will look too loud and bright for my liking. I dot a little on each lip then spread them evenly on my lips using my pinkie.
- Not drying at all. I can apply this directly on my lips without the fear of having dry and flaky lips right after.
- A little goes a long way and staying power is really good. Even though I applied only a little amount, it stayed on my lips for 4 hours even after eating, drinking, and even puffing.
- The stickiness is just right. Nothing overly sticky like those from MAC. :D
- It does not settle on the lines of my lips.
- Can be layered to build intensity of the color.
- No annoying glitters that make it feel gritty.
- The packaging is really simple yet it has a hint of sophistication.
- No annoying sweet and fruity scent.
What I don't like:
- This particular shade has been discontinued so there is no hope to get another one.
- Although it does not settle on the lines of my lips, it emphasizes them so wearing a lip balm under it is a must.
- Glossimers are expensive and cost PHP1450. Glad to have gotten this for less than half the price. :)
Overall rating: 4/5
Will I buy again? Yes but not any time soon. I would like to try another shade though. :)
What do you think of Glossimers? :)
Happy Sunday, super awesome peeps! :P