Last week, I met up with two super cute ladies, Arg and Crystal, at Gateway Mall. While we were at Watson's, I saw something I haven't seen before on their rack of lip balms - Mentholatum Lip Ice. I was a bit hesitant to buy one because I thought it was mentholated and I don't like minty lip balms so I skipped. But since some of them were tinted, and I am a sucker for tinted lip balms, I couldn't get those lippies off my mind. So when I friend and I went to the mall last Saturday to have frozen yogurt, I dropped by Watson's while he was ordering at White Hat. I looked for these lippies and successfully found them. I only got Candy Apple just to be able to try it out first and I was impressed. In fact, I am planning to get another one. :P
It comes in a simple white tube packaging resembling a lipstick with silver stars and berry-colored label.
It looks pretty dark on the tube but it goes on really sheer and applies smoothly.
Description on the cardboard packaging:
Lip ice color lip balm
Natural moisturizing color
- Gives natural and lovely color for soft and beautiful lips.
- A super moist retention formula with water microsphere and AcHA (Sodium Acetyl Hyaluronate)
- Contains Vitamin E, Lanolin Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Mango Seed Butter to keep your lips soft and moisturized.
- SPF15 for UV protection.
What I like:
- I hate waxy lip balms like Chapstick and Carmex. This one applies smoothly and does not in any way feel waxy.
- It is quite pigmented for a lip balm and a swipe shows enough color on the lips.
- Texture is like that of a lipstick but this is moisturizing and hydrating with enough gloss in it. I can say it is moisturizing because I applied it before I slept and woke up with really soft and smooth lips like I just used a lip scrub.
- Staying power is decent. It lasts for a couple of hours if you do not eat or drink and leaves a nice pink tint on the lips. Your lips still feel soft and smooth even after the lip balm is gone when you eat.
- It has SPF15.
- OC people will love the packaging as it is hygienic and you won't have to dip your fingers in a pot.
- Inexpensive. This one costs only PHP125. Other lip balms without the tint cost cheaper, like less than 70 bucks.
- NOW locally available at Watson's.
What I don't like:
- It has a funny smell.
Overall rating: 4.5/5
Will I buy again? YES! In fact, I am buying another one tomorrow. :P