Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Product Review: Mentholatum Lip Ice Color Lip Balm in Candy Apple

Last week, I met up with two super cute ladies, Arg and Crystal, at Gateway Mall. While we were at Watson's, I saw something I haven't seen before on their rack of lip balms - Mentholatum Lip Ice. I was a bit hesitant to buy one because I thought it was mentholated and I don't like minty lip balms so I skipped. But since some of them were tinted, and I am a sucker for tinted lip balms, I couldn't get those lippies off my mind. So when I friend and I went to the mall last Saturday to have frozen yogurt, I dropped by Watson's while he was ordering at White Hat. I looked for these lippies and successfully found them. I only got Candy Apple just to be able to try it out first and I was impressed. In fact, I am planning to get another one. :P


It comes in a simple white tube packaging resembling a lipstick with silver stars and berry-colored label.

It looks pretty dark on the tube but it goes on really sheer and applies smoothly.

Description on the cardboard packaging:

Lip ice color lip balm
Natural moisturizing color


- Gives natural and lovely color for soft and beautiful lips.
- A super moist retention formula with water microsphere and AcHA (Sodium Acetyl Hyaluronate)
- Contains Vitamin E, Lanolin Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Mango Seed Butter to keep your lips soft and moisturized.
- SPF15 for UV protection.
 
What I like:
- I hate waxy lip balms like Chapstick and Carmex. This one applies smoothly and does not in any way feel waxy.
- It is quite pigmented for a lip balm and a swipe shows enough color on the lips.
- Texture is like that of a lipstick but this is moisturizing and hydrating with enough gloss in it. I can say it is moisturizing because I applied it before I slept and woke up with really soft and smooth lips like I just used a lip scrub.
- Staying power is decent. It lasts for a couple of hours if you do not eat or drink and leaves a nice pink tint on the lips. Your lips still feel soft and smooth even after the lip balm is gone when you eat.
- It has SPF15.
- OC people will love the packaging as it is hygienic and you won't have to dip your fingers in a pot.
- Inexpensive. This one costs only PHP125. Other lip balms without the tint cost cheaper, like less than 70 bucks.
- NOW locally available at Watson's.

What I don't like:
- It has a funny smell.


Overall rating: 4.5/5

Will I buy again? YES! In fact, I am buying another one tomorrow. :P



26 comments:

  1. Wow!! It is beautiful on your lips!! :) The color is really nice as well! I wish we had a Watsons in the US!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I saw on the cardboard that it is a US company so I thought it could be available on drugstores? I hope it is. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooo happy its available locally na! I LOVE the lemon lipbalm and I had to hoard pa when I visited Taiwan and Hong Kong, I'm glad we have it locally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i saw this in watsons a while ago but i was hesitant in buying it (but i really went to watsons to look for a lipstick/lipbalm). But my instinct says i should but i didn't..
    >_<

    I knew i have to follow my instinct!
    hahaha

    thanks for the review,sweetie!

    this will definitely be included in my basket the next visit to watsons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nikki, me too! I'm glad that I was able to finally try the much raved mentholatum lip balm! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thiamere, that's exactly how I felt when I first saw this. You should definitely include this in your Watson's basket! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks perfect on your lips, Pam! It's good you bought one! I'm not a sucker for lipsticks/glosses but I'm really impressed with this product.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Argie, have you tried this too? If not, then I know what to get you for Christmas. Haha! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder if we have this in the States! Now I wish I bought this before the I left the Philippines. :s

    It looks great on your lips, Pam! :) Cover your nose whenever you apply it and the review will be 100% positive. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Toni, I hope it's available in the US. This became locally available only recently though. Haha! I hold my breath whenever I apply this. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice review :) the color is so adorbz :) will def try that

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nadine, I hope you'll like it when you get to try it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, Pammy... i havent tried lipice yet. :) now you know... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Argie, super awesome. :P

    Charry, yey! Hope you'll like it too. :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw this on Watsons. So sad naman hindi ko binili. I thought it wasn't a good product e. oh well, I'm sure to get this one na! :) nice review

    ReplyDelete
  16. Christine, you may also want to try the Sheer Color one! I like it better than this one. :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha you actually bought it! it looks nice actually! parang gusto ko din! hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Crystal, I did! Napanaginipan ko sila. :P The Sheer color one is actually nicer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks really pretty on you! I'm gonna get one the soonest possible time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Meedge, thanks. Yey, I hope you'll like it too! :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow!it suits you very well. Thanks for your post, will definitely buy one tom, i'll include this in my weekend haul! :))

    ReplyDelete
  22. rachaelah, thank you. I hope you'll like it too. :P

    ReplyDelete
  23. i have the sheer color variant........can't really be called a lip conditioner.......but well it does give a pretty color to the lips!!!! nice review...by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)