Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Product Review: Mentholatum Lip Ice Sheer Color (Fragrance-Free)

I know I have reviewed the Candy Apple lip balm this week but as I have mentioned on that post, I am going to buy the Sheer Color variant and I did the following day. I have been using it for a few days now and since this isn't a skin care product, I can definitely review it now. It is now my favorite lip balm aside from the fact that my mom kept the Candy Apple for herself after having her try it. Boohoo! At least that's one reason for me to buy another. :P




Description on the cardboard packaging:

- Changes color to a natural sheer pink according to individual lips.
- A gentle Beeswax formulation suitable even for very sensitive skin.
- Contains natural ingredients of Shea Butter Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Nut Oil, Jojoba Oil and Aloe Extract to keep lips moisturized, smooth, and healthy.
- Contains effective anti-oxidants of Vitamin E to soften and protect lips against the harmful environment.

What I like:
- Definitely not waxy. I find this more glossy than the Lip Color variant.
- The packaging is really cute! It's pink! :P
- Moisturizing. I apply this at night and wake up with smoother and softer lips.
- I love how it turns to a nice pink shade on my lips.
- No funny smell. I chose the fragrance-free variant over the strawberry-scented one.
- A little goes a long way. One swipe is enough for each lip.
- Adds color to pale lipsticks or lip glosses.
- Even though the gloss is gone, it leaves a pink tint behind.
- Inexpensive and costs only Php145125 for a tube.
- Locally available at Watson's.

What I don't like:
- Unlike the Lip Color variant, this does not have SPF.

Overall rating: 4.5/5

Will I buy again? Yes!

Lip swatch

Have you tried this lip balm? I think I am getting addicted to Mentholatum Lip Ice! :P

Happy Saturday, super awesome peeps! :P

18 comments:

  1. I super love this! I have the one in strawberry fragrance. I like how it turns pink, no lipstick needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitten, I love this too! Though I prefer unscented lippies but I might give the strawberry one a try. :P I agree, no lipstick needed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this!! i'm definitely going to repurchase this when i next go to hong kong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at your mum snagging Candy Apple :) so cute!

    I'm glad you stumbled upon another lip treat! It's so nice on your lips. I'm excited to try lip ice bec of your raves :)

    i see that's GT on your notebook. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gyc, yeah, this lip balm is love! :P

    gingerSnap, go try it. :P

    Argie, yeah, she no longer buys makeup as she knows she can get any from me. :P I'll get Sheer Color for you on Christmas. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! The shade's so pretty on you! Other formulations that change color to pink don't usually create an awesome shade... This one's good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow im really surprised about the colour change! reminds me of dior lip glow, without the price tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liz, I agree. I have tried other lip products that change their colors and they were hideous! And this one's moisturizing too. Try it! :P

    Nic, that's the exact product I thought of when I tried this lip balm. And yes, without the hefty price tag. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. hala it changes color HAHAHA!!! :)) i should buy that

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nadine, it does! I think it will look good on you. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. great review! i love the packaging. ive never seen taht brand here where i live :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna, thanks. I was sold by the packaging. A cute pink tube. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Does it work well? And feedbacks of your friends?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lucy, here are some feedback I have seen online:

    http://www.phoebeann.me/my-latest-addiction-lipice/

    http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,225580.msg6114987.html#msg6114987

    Hope that helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pammy ni-link ko itong review mo sa blog ko ha?

    ReplyDelete
  16. this lipbalm is so weird. i tried it, then pagkita ko ang pink na ng lips ko! :)) nagulat ako. super nice. :) although it makes my lips super rose pink. mas gusto ko sana pale-ish pink pa dn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)