Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Product Review: Dove Intensive Creme

Even though I have combi-oily facial skin, the rest of my body is dry. My arms and legs are so dry that sometimes, they look unbelievably scaly and it doesn't help that I also have skin asthma so I experience itchiness especially on really cold days/nights. That's why I have to use something really moisturizing and hydrating so I will be relieved of the itchiness and the "scales". I prefer using body butters but found that most are heavily scented which isn't good for my nose. So far, I really like Vanilla & Co. Whipped Buttercream in Fresh Vanilla Milk - it's sweet but nothing that gives me a major headache. As for lotions, I rely on Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula and Lander Haydrating Cocoa Butter. Their scents aren't as heavy and nauseating (in my case) as others and they really do a wonderful job in keeping my skin itch and scale-free and moisturized. I've been really happy and satisfied with those two when my mom handed me a Dove Intensive Cream from Dubai which was even part of my September Favorites post. I have been using it for months now that I finally decided it's time to give it a review.



What I like:
- Very moisturizing. Makes my skin feels hydrated and smooth.
- This creme is very rich and thick that you only need a very little amount for those spots you want to apply this on.
- Since the texture is really thick, I prefer using this on really dry spots such as elbows, knees, ankles, and even on my feet. I can't imagine applying this all over my body.
- Keeps my skin moisturized for hours.
- This little jar contains 150mL which I know will last for years since I use this only on certain parts of my body.
- I prefer using this on really cold days/nights as regular lotion just won't do it for me.

What I don't like:
- It is scented. Seriously, I hold my breath every time I apply this as it once triggered my allergic rhinitis. (It's just my nose, others might be able to like the scent.) I also wash my hand after applying this so I won't smell it when my hands get near my face.
- It is in a jar so I need to use a spatula to scoop out some of it.
- I haven't seen this around so I'm not sure if this is locally available.


Overall rating: 4/5 I still gave it a 4 because it really hydrates and moisturizes. I would recommend this to those with extremely dry skin.

Will I buy again? Maybe not. And I know I won't have to in years as this will surely last me a long time. Plus I prefer something that isn't as thick as this creme. I would probably just stick to Palmer's and Lander since I don't really mind reapplying every now and then.

See how thick this creme is? I have been using this for 3 months or so and there is still so much product left.


What's your favorite creme?

Happy Sunday, super awesome peeps! :P

10 comments:

  1. i used to have this. it was given to me by my cousins.
    i think it's not available locally . sad nga eh. i like it pa naman

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh.. this is one of my favorite! =) body butters are l-o-v-e!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lysa, ooh, so it's really not available locally nga. I like it but not enough to find ways to get my hands on this though. :P

    Rosey, you must really like this product to have become one of your favorites. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't tried this! Ohhh another good product to try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nikki, I know you have dry skin. Maybe you'll like this! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! thanx for this review! now i know what will we good for winter time for my skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mddalena, I hope you also liked it. :)

    Anastacia, yeah! But it can be a little sticky if applied all over the body. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never knew Dove has this and also didn't know you have skin asthma. :(

    I love using Dove products since they really work so I hope one day soon, some relative or friend would give this to me, as a gift. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Madz, I hope Santa grants your wish this Christmas! :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)