Even though I have combi-oily facial skin, the rest of my body is dry. My arms and legs are so dry that sometimes, they look unbelievably scaly and it doesn't help that I also have skin asthma so I experience itchiness especially on really cold days/nights. That's why I have to use something really moisturizing and hydrating so I will be relieved of the itchiness and the "scales". I prefer using body butters but found that most are heavily scented which isn't good for my nose. So far, I really like Vanilla & Co. Whipped Buttercream in Fresh Vanilla Milk - it's sweet but nothing that gives me a major headache. As for lotions, I rely on Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula and Lander Haydrating Cocoa Butter. Their scents aren't as heavy and nauseating (in my case) as others and they really do a wonderful job in keeping my skin itch and scale-free and moisturized. I've been really happy and satisfied with those two when my mom handed me a Dove Intensive Cream from Dubai which was even part of my September Favorites post. I have been using it for months now that I finally decided it's time to give it a review.
What I like:
- Very moisturizing. Makes my skin feels hydrated and smooth.
- This creme is very rich and thick that you only need a very little amount for those spots you want to apply this on.
- Since the texture is really thick, I prefer using this on really dry spots such as elbows, knees, ankles, and even on my feet. I can't imagine applying this all over my body.
- Keeps my skin moisturized for hours.
- This little jar contains 150mL which I know will last for years since I use this only on certain parts of my body.
- I prefer using this on really cold days/nights as regular lotion just won't do it for me.
What I don't like:
- It is scented. Seriously, I hold my breath every time I apply this as it once triggered my allergic rhinitis. (It's just my nose, others might be able to like the scent.) I also wash my hand after applying this so I won't smell it when my hands get near my face.
- It is in a jar so I need to use a spatula to scoop out some of it.
- I haven't seen this around so I'm not sure if this is locally available.
Overall rating: 4/5 I still gave it a 4 because it really hydrates and moisturizes. I would recommend this to those with extremely dry skin.
Will I buy again? Maybe not. And I know I won't have to in years as this will surely last me a long time. Plus I prefer something that isn't as thick as this creme. I would probably just stick to Palmer's and Lander since I don't really mind reapplying every now and then.
What's your favorite creme?
Happy Sunday, super awesome peeps! :P