Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Top 5 Picks: Lipsticks

We all have favorites when it comes to makeup (and almost any other things) and I would like to share my Top 5 Picks among my lipsticks. This is a little picture-heavy, gals. :)

My Top 5 Picks


L-R: Clinique Long Last Lipstick in Berry Freeze, Bourjois Docteur Glamour Lipstick in Rose Toubib, Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Lipstick in BG949, MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Cosmo, Kanebo Coffret D'Or Lipstick in RD-167

Clinique Long Last Lipstick in Berry Freeze

A buttery brick red shade that glides on smoothly on the lips. Pigmented and not drying. You can swipe some on the lips then carefully pat on tissue for a lip stained look.

Bourjois Docteur Glamour Lipstick in Rose Toubib

A rose shade lipstick that turns to a classic pink on the lips. Applies smoothly on the lips. Pigmented with no shimmers.Apply gloss on top for prettier pink lips.

Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Lipstick in BG 949

A cool-toned pink-beige nude lipstick. Perfect for smokey eyes and neutral lips. Texture is smooth and pigmented. Use a warm-toned lip gloss on top to add warmth on the lips.

MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Cosmo

A beautiful coco pink shade (with a hint of brown and blue) that is definitely  the MLBB (my-lips-but-better) pink. Goes on with almost any look and perfect for everyday wear. Creamy and pigmented.

Kanebo Coffret D'Or Lipstick in RD-167

It's supposed to be a shade of red but turns out to be a verly lovely pink with a very slight hint of red on the lips. Goes on really sheer. Never drying and really moisturizing. However, staying power isn't good due to its creaminess and glossiness.

Swatches - Clinique Berry Freeze, Bourjois Rose Toubib, Shu Uemura BG 949, MAC Cosmo, Kanebo Coffret D'Or RD-167


I just had to include these two pictures of my niece.
Acting as if she's talking to her grandma on my spare phone.

Smiling at me as she's getting my wallet from my bag. You cute sneaky little devil. :P

So these are my Top 5 Picks. If you noticed, they are all wearable and more on the pink/subtle/neutral shades. I can't bring myself to go out wearing bright and bold colors as I think I would look too weird. :)

What are your favorite lipsticks? :)

Happy Thursday, super awesome peeps! :P

17 comments:

  1. I like the shades of Bourjois Docteur Glamour, Shu Uemura and MAC

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely picks pammy. i wish i knew how to apply lipsticks. im a lip tint/gloss girl. my mom applies my lipstick if i need to wear one on events.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadine, the Bourjois one is the prettiest! :P

    Argie, no kidding? I think a lip brush will solve your problem since it's like you're applying lipgloss. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. my, the Shu one looks a lot like the RA Darling I missed out on. *covers eyes* I've been hoarding lipsticks lately. I have 6 more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tin, I'm so glad to inform you that you are indeed on a lipstick phase! So glad I'm done with that. :P The Shu one looks different from Darling in reality. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm that way too. I wish I could wear bold colors but I haven't got a hang of applying it perfect yet and that is just fine with the natural colors as mistakes aren't that visible.

    You have got a pretty blog here, I find myself stopping by quite often but I haven't left you any comment until now. :)

    Your niece is ADORABLE, such a pretty face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors! Specially the last 4 swatches on your hand, BUT I'm more of a lip gloss person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy, thank you. :P

    Honey, thank you. Yes, I agree how fool proof natural looking lippies can be. :) Yeah, she's adorable especially when she pokes me to wake me up every morning. :P

    Madz, I used to be a lip gloss person too and I don't know why I started liking lipsticks. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woop Woop!! YAY! YOu know I am going to love your post on lipstick!!!
    Thank you for the review doll!!

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. all the shades are wearable indeed! my fave would be Bourjois Rose Toubib, very pretty! :)

    hahaha your niece is adorable! how many do you have? i only have one, she's a sneaky one too. she likes to get all my mini nail lacquers! hahaha :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Angela, you won't be lady Lipstick for no reason. Haha! :P

    G, it is my fave too! :P I have a lot of nieces from cousins, I lost count. We're from a huuuuge family so we're talking more than 50. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. great shades! esp Kanebo ^_^
    ohh! i only own a few and could never finish them all up! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Khryz, the Kanebo one is really pretty! Sheer and moist. :P

    Yeah, I know I can't use up everything so some of the lippies end up with my mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. im going to check it out! ^_^
    but first, away with lippies im not using ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)