When concealing dark under eye circles, we need something to set the concealer in place. Most of the time, translucent powder will do but wouldn't it be better if there is a setting powder made especially for under eye concealers? It was pretty smart of Skinfood to come up with a tag team for dark circles with their Salmon line. I have tried the Salmon Dark Circle Concealer Cream and it was an okay product but I honestly think it works better when set with the Salmon Dark Circle Powder. Having used the Dark Circle Powder for almost a month now with different concealers, I think it's about time I give it a review.
What I like:
- Powder is finely milled and texture is not too powdery nor chalky.
- Does not settle on fine lines unlike the concealer.
- Nice enough to use even on other concealers.
- Brightens under eyes. The amount of yellow is just right which isn't screaming yellow.
- Comes with a cute puff that I sometimes use when I am too lazy to get my brush.
- Packaging is really nice. The gold-bronze lid adds accent to it making the pot not look tacky.
- Has a faint scent but smells nice, actually. Does not in any way smell like salmon.
- Locally available at Skinfood outlets but cheaper if purchased online.
What I don't like:
- Not enough to be used alone.
- A little expensive for an under eye setting powder.
Overall rating: 4/5
Will I buy again? Yes but I won't buy it from the stores. I got this online for only Php471 whereas this costs twice as much when purchased from the store.
Tip: For cheaper alternatives, yellow mineral concealers in loose powder form work just the same as this one.
Tip2: To avoid caking, use a fluffy eyeshadow brush and lightly blend on the under eyes. Too much of this product will help make the concealer cake even more.
Have you tried setting powders for the under eyes?
Happy freaking hot Wednesday, super awesome peeps! :P