Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Friday, November 8, 2013

In the Limelight: Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in 120 Vanilla Product Review

As I have mentioned on my NARS Sheer Glow Foundation review, I prefer sheer-light coverage foundations that also feel light on the skin. Admittedly, I was never a fan of Revlon's foundations. When I was able to try the Colorstay foundation a couple of years ago, I found it a little too strong for my skin and felt like my skin couldn't breathe. Now that there are newer foundations made available in the Philippine market, I was seeing reviews of the Nearly Naked and the Colorstay Whipped Creme here and there and I was on the hunt for a new foundation. It has been a long time since I have used a foundation from a drugstore brand so I thought it wouldn't hurt to try again. I was deciding between the two but the word "Naked" won me over as it gave me the impression that it would look and feel like second skin, which is exactly what I want in a foundation. So I purchased a bottle online as it is so much cheaper compared to mall prices and used it for a while. Here is my review.



 Revlon describes Nearly Naked as...

Makeup so refreshingly light, it melts right in, creating a fresh even look. So the only one that knows you are wearing makeup is you. Blends seamlessly, buildable coverage.

What I like:
  • Compared to Colorstay, it is definitely lighter. 
  • Consistency is not too thick. It is a bit watery but does not take too long to dry on the skin and it is not even that hard to blend at all.
  • Although it is not totally unscented, I was able to detect some scent but it's not too strong and overwhelming.
  • It is has a nice matte finish that does not look flat. I have to say it looks nice on the skin too.
  • The formulation isn't quite as strong as Colorstay.
  • No breakouts, no irritation on my skin.
  • I do not get greasy on this foundation but looks rather dewy which is nice.
  • Locally available at Revlon counters on most department stores and some drugstores nationwide. I am not sure of the price as I got mine online but it is probably twice its USD price.
  • The packaging is quite nice - foundation housed in a sleek glass bottle with a white cap. Nothing too fancy but it does the job.

What I don't like:
  • Although lighter that Colorstay, this still feels a little heavy for me. Me and my freakin' preference.
  • Those with acne and blemishes might still need to use concealer depending on the severity of the blemishes. Personally though, I do not conceal and cover my blemishes but I still needed to use concealer on my undereyes.
  • Does not come with a pump. So I just transferred some on an airless pump bottle from Beabi.
  • It turns a little peach on me when it oxidizes. I got the shade Vanilla thinking that once it oxidizes, it will eventually match. It almost did, only it was a little too peach.\
  • For some reason, I still feel like I have a very thin mask on my face. I don't feel like my skin could breathe.

Overall rating: 3/5 Turning peach was the deal breaker for me. Plus it still feels a little heavy for me despite being described as refreshingly light.

Will I buy again? No. It's still not as light as I prefer my foundations to be.



Have you tried the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation?

Cheers,
P.S. Stay safe, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Smart tip on using a beabi travel pump for pumpless foundations. I should remember that. I usually just ignore foundations that don't have a pump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that with NARS Sheer Glow too. There is a bigger one and about the same price as the one from Beabi. I got it from the Handyman. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey, thanks for mentioning Beabi's airless pumps. I think I could use that for mixing two shades of BB cream. It's so difficult to bring two tubes when travelling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it work for mixing your BB creams. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)