Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Monday, June 8, 2015

In the Limelight: Becca Cosmetics Ombre Nudes Palette - Product Review

For so many years, I have steered clear of neutrals and earth tones when it comes to eyeshadow as being acidic, they tend to look muddy on me so I stuck to greys and greens, and anything dark. It was only last year that I started to wear neutrals mixed with darker browns and blacks and I realized I can rock them. And now, I mostly wear these shades when I go out. I wish I could review the Urban Decay Naked palette for you but I'm sure you've seen tons of reviews about it and besides, I let it go for something less overwhelming for me. My new found love for neutrals + my love for Becca Cosmetics led to my acquisition of the Becca Ombre Nudes Palette. It was a choice between the Urban Decay Naked Basics or this but I chose the latter instead. And here is my review.







What I like:

  • The shadows are smooth and velvety though not as buttery as compared to, say, Burberry eyeshadows and blushes.
  • All the colours blend nicely albeit matte which I usually have a hard time with.
  • They all work well with each other (at times, they look cool-toned but on most times, they lean towards the warm spectrum) as well as with eyeshadows from other palettes or quads.
  • All the shades are very pigmented and didn't have a hard time showing up with or without primer.
  • Longevity is very good, more so when applied with primer.
  • The compact is sleek and simple and although plastic, it feels sturdy and won't easily break. 
  • I do not feel overwhelmed as to the number of shades and which ones to use (I'm talking to the UD Naked palettes, Lorac Pro palettes and everything else that has more than 5 shades to choose from in one compact).
  • This is a no-brainer eye shadow palette for me.
  • Aside from being used on the eyes, I can also use the third and fourth shades as face contour and as brow powders. Talk multiple uses in one slim compact.

What I don't like:
  • They come off as a bit powdery but surprisingly has very minimal fall outs once applied on the lids. But still, I wish it does not do that: product wastage = money wasted.
  • It is quite pricey and what I would consider an investment for a product I do not use everyday - pretty steep for $40. Got it for Php 2250 through a pre-order.
  • Not sure if it's already locally available in Adora.
  • I wish they'd come up with other palette selections - blues, greens, smokes, pastels or whatever colour combinations you can think of.

Who might and might not like this?

Those who prefer satin or shimmer finishes for their eyeshadows can skip this one as this is an all matte palette. Also, if you want a variety of shades to choose from, you'll be disappointed if 5 isn't enough for you. If you are, however, into mattes and neutrals, and wants minimal shades in their palette, then this has your name spelled on it. If you like multi-purpose products, go grab this for your contouring and eyebrow needs.

Will I buy again?

I'd love to say yes but if they come up with smokey shades or dark greens, I would get those palettes first. And besides, this will take me over a year to finish since I do not wear eyeshadow on a regular basis.





Swatches. Photo taken from my instagram account.


What's your favourite neutral or nudes palette?

Have a wonderful week ahead, super awesome peeps. :)

Cheers,



Follow me on Instagram: greenappletini

2 comments:

  1. I think mas ok 'to over the Naked Basics. When my friend lent me hers, I found out that the first 4 pans were light skin tone colors that ended up looking the same on my lids (but you're lighter than me, so maybe the differences will be more obvious on you). Same with the UD Naked basics 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's what I like in the Naked palette naman - I was using the skin tone colors with a pop of darkhorse so it won't look flat. Try this, Rae, you might like it. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)