Happy Holidays, guys! I've still been pretty busy these past couple of weeks that this post has been sitting on my drafts for that period. I'm glad, though, that I'm finally able to post this just because I called in sick today as I've been sick since last Christmas. Bummer. Anyway, here is my review for the Paul & Joe Lipstick in 070 Chantilly which I have acquired a couple of months ago.
|The product up close.|
What I like:
- The packaging's design is cute. I am not usually fan of such designs but I like the combination of pink and purple on this one.
- The shade is a lovely pale peach-pink with a very slight hint of blue tones in it.
- Applies sheer but can be built up for the intensity of the colour to show up more.
- Glossy and applies smoothly.
- Pretty moisturizing for a lipstick. It somewhat reminds me of a tinted lip balm in a tube.
- Does not cause any allergic reaction or irritation on my lips.
- If applied more than thrice, it makes me look mighty pale and sick.
- Staying power is poor since it is very sheer and glossy.
- I don't dig the packaging. It looks cheaply made if you ask me. It is made of sturdy cardboard. Sturdy but still, it's cardboard.
- Pretty expensive for a lipstick that has poor staying power for Php 1300/tube. For the price, I can add a hundred bucks and go for a Dior lipstick instead.
- Paul & Joe lipsticks are locally available but since this is part of a collection or a limited edition lipstick, it might no longer be available.