In my book, Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup is the most long lasting foundation I've ever had and the one that does not budge at all. If you check out my review last year, I thought that it already felt light, but that was before I met Japanese liquid foundations which feels unbelievably light on the skin. That was when I realized how ELDW felt too heavy, at least for me, so I gave it up. It was when I started reading raves about the lighter version of it which is the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light that I became curious with that brand's foundations. Some said it was like tinted moisturizer while some claimed that it has coverage but feels so much lighter than the original. When I was able to score a tube of this foundation online, I was so excited that I started wearing it straight for days. Anyway, here is my review of this product.
Estee Lauder says:
15-hour wear. Controls oil
Sheer to Medium; SPF 10
15-hour wear, light as air-long-wear makeup is now lightweight makeup.
Makeup That Keeps Up
Fresh, natural, comfortable.
Goes on sheer, leaves skin free to breathe all day.
Resists smudging and won't "melt" off through heat and humidity.
For a look that stays vibrant and fresh whether it's a workday, a workout or a weekend. Smooth it on once and don't think twice about it.
Won't clog pores
What I like:
- It definitely does feel lighter than the regular Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup.
- I like the sleek tube packaging. It is much more sanitary and hygienic than the bottled, regular ones.
- It stays on my face for at least 5 hours.
- Gives a natural finish and definitely not flat matte.
- No white cast on photos.
- Has SPF 10. Though it isn't enough, I'm glad Estee Lauder made an effort to add sunscreen to this foundation.
- Locally available at Estee Lauder counters at Rustan's.
What I don't like:
- While it feels lighter than the regular Double Wear Stay in Place foundation, it still feels heavy and mask-like for me. It is nowhere near like a tinted moisturizer. Please.
- It oxidizes so bad that I look like a lighter version of Oompa Loompa.
- It clogs my pores and dries out my skin really bad. Well, it does control oil.
- Even the lightest shade, Intensity 1.0, has pink tones in it. Not yellow enough for me.
- Kinda pricey for Php 1900/tube (roughly $45).
Will I buy again? Definitely not. Sorry Estee Lauder, this product was a disappointment for me though I tried to like it. I really tried.
|Swatches: YSL Matt Tough 2, ELDW Light 1.0, Shu FA 974|
Have you tried this foundation? How do you find it?
Happy 2012, everyone! :)