It has been over a year since I last used a MAC lipstick. I decided I was so over the MAC hype and that there is more to makeup than the brand, especially with lipsticks and blushes. Blame it on Japanese and high end brands for my ditching MAC. It wasn't only until I got to try the Sheen Supreme lipsticks that I wanted something from MAC again. It was love at first swatch with Ultra Darling though I had my eyes set on Full Speed and Korean Candy at that time. I've been using it everyday for almost a week now so I guess that's a fair enough time to give it a review.
Sheen Supreme Lipsticks according to MAC
Combining the colour impact of a Lipstick with the shine sheen of a Lipglass, Sheen Supreme creates the perfect hybrid - with no compromise. Lightweight, non-sticky, slick to apply and comfortable to wear. This is a must-have for all those who have craved this kind of fusion.
Ultra Darling is described as a mid-tone yellow pink.
What I like:
- The shade is a very pretty watermelon pink with just the right hint of coral in it. It also has the right amount of sheen to make the lips look healthy and glossy.
- I love the formula. As I have mentioned earlier, I have given up on MAC lipsticks since I had my love affair with a few high end ones but I can confidently say that MAC earned a second chance because of this Sheen Supreme Lipstick line. It's creamy, glides smoothly, and is very comfortable enough to wear on the lips. It feels like I'm wearing my Dior Addict lipstick. It is definitely a hybrid of a lipstick and a lip gloss with a touch of a glossy lip balm, if I may add that.
- It is non-drying. I have used it a couple of times without a lip balm underneath but it never dried out my lips.
- I love how the color instantly brightens up my face. It's kinda bright on my lips as compared to my usual lip color choices but I can't help but love this. I can definitely see those with fair and medium skin tones rocking this shade.
- No irritation on my lips.
- Lasts fairly well for 2-3 hours (without drinking/eating) but definitely not as long lasting as matte lipsticks because of its glossy formula.
What I don't like:
- The packaging/tube. Not a huge fan of it. I like the regular bullet-looking one better. Plus it's kinda hard to open.
- Maybe pricey for Php 1000/tube but I'm loving the formula so I really don't mind the price tag. MAC is crazily raising their prices to compete with high end ones, I guess.
Overall rating: 4.75/5 Well, ain't this lipstick the Ultra Darling for getting this rating? :)
Will I buy again? Expect to see another shade from the Sheen Supreme Lipstick line in a month or so which is Full Speed. Unless I get over my coral-pink affinity, I'd probably get an everyday nude shade instead which is Bare Again. :)
Have you tried any MAC Supreme Sheen Lipsticks? If you haven't, what shades would you like to try?
Have a great week ahead of you, everyone! :)