Hi everyone! Another post for today. I'm making the most of the weekend as I'll be busy again tomorrow starting with payroll and then for the next few months. Anyway, here's the review of the blush I have been using for the past month. It's one of those blushes that were raved all over the net by bloggers and YouTubers but I guess my EQ is getting better since it took me a while to finally purchase this blush. Here is the review then.
Tarte Cosmetics says:
For those who want an alternative blush to tarte's award-winning gel and cream cheek stains, we're now offering Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in 8 shades. Inspired by our best-selling cheek and lip stains, shades range from soft pink (dollface) to deep berry (flush). Used alone or with our best-selling natural cheek stains, this blush is sure to give you that natural glow.
To know more about these blushes, check out the Tarte website.
What I like:
- I like the straight on packaging. Nothing too artsy and nothing too glamorous. The colour of the compact gives you an idea how the blush inside looks. It also doesn't hurt that it has a mirror for quick touch ups.
- The shade Blissful is described by Tarte as warm peach. It's close but I would say it's a warm coral peach with a hint of pink. It is matte but it is definitely not flat or a boring matte. It adds warmth on the cheeks while adding a faint glow that is simply pretty. On me, it looks like a natural flush.
- The texture is great. It goes on smooth, it is finely milled and silky. Certainly of high quality.
- Unscented. Nothing that gives me a headache whenever I use it.
- I love that it is animal cruelty-free.
- The blush is pigmented. You only need to swipe your blush brush on the pan once and you get enough color on the cheeks. I think this is not the case with lighter shades but you definitely need a light hand with this particular shade.
- You get 5.6g of product that is packed with pigment, and with a shelf life of 12 months.
- No skin irritation or allergic reactions with this blush.
What I don't like:
- It claims to have a staying power of 12 hours. While I wasn't hoping for it to last half a day on me, the fact that others raved about how it stayed for 6-8 hours on them gave me high hopes for this blush. It lasts only 2 hours tops on me. And that is me staying in an air-conditioned room for the whole period.
- This isn't exactly cheap for $25. I got mine for Php 1200 + Php 50 shipping (roughly $29) online. I was expecting a bit more for the tag price.
- Not locally available. You'd have to purchase this from online re-sellers or have someone purchase it for you abroad.
Overall rating: 3.5/5 While the staying power is such a let down for me, the shade and how it looks naturally glowing on me won me over. I don't mind touching up anyway as long as it's not every minute of my life that I have to.
These solar-baked blushes are infused with Amazonian Clay, nature's most perfect ingredient. These nutrient rich
and skin-nourishing Amazonian clay blushes restore harmony for a flawless finish that lasts all day.
The soft blush is great for all skin types:
- Oily skin: Amazonian clay minimizes oil in and around pores to balance skin and keep product in place
- Dry skin: Amazonian clay hydrates skin naturally to restore moisture so your blush wears better & longer
- Dull skin: Amazonian clay improves the appearance of skin clarity and skin texture
- Combination skin: Amazonian clay is completely intuitive; gives skin an overall smooth & even appearance
- Amazonian Clay: nature’s most perfect ingredient providing total skin balance
- beeswax: as an alternative to synthetic waxes, natural beeswax is used as a waterproofing agent, a protective barrier between the skin and the environment and it has also been know to naturally stimulate collagen production which plumps the skin and decreases the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- vitamin C: antioxidant that fights free radical damage and prevents oxidative stress and premature signs of aging, while brightening skin
- vitamin E: natural preservative that also acts as an anti-inflammatory emollient and protects against free radical damage
- formulated without mineral oil
- formulated without paraben
- formulated without phthalates
- cruelty free
- formulated without sodium lauryl sulfate
- formulated without synthetic fragrance
Have you tried any of these Amazonian Clay Blushes? How do you find it?
Happy Sunday, super awesome peeps! :)