Hola, mi amigos y amigas! Como esta usted? Anyway, before my brain cells die from trying to recall the things I learned in Spanish class way back in college (if I ever really learned anything at all) I'd like to get back on topic and that is a blush. Since Bella Bamba was released by Benefit Cosmetics, I could not really make up my mind if I want it or not. Sometimes I do, and other times, I don't. While the swatches and reviews of Bella Bamba tempts me to go ahead and get one for myself, I could not bring myself to buy it. Oddly enough, I never really thought of it as something I really wanted. Then I would wake up one day wanting one and the uncertainty goes on for a while. It wasn't until I saw a mini or sample size of it at 3g being sold online that I finally decided to give in and buy one - at least it's just a small one and not a full size. After having it for a few days, I am now sure of my feelings towards this blush.
Benefit says that Bella Bamba is...
...a 3D brightening pink face powder
Amplify cheekbones and create the illusion of sculpted features with this 3D watermelon blush. Laced with shimmering gold undertones, bella bamba takes eye-popping pretty to the third dimension...you'll never use traditional blush again!
Here is a Beauty Tip from them:
Accentuate the curves of your face with our 3D technique: Sweep on a ‘3’-shape starting at your temples, curving in toward the apples of your cheeks and curving out and down to your jawline.
--- interesting but I wouldn't dare do such a technique with shimmer-induced blushes. :D
What I like:
- Whoever described Bella Bamba as watermelon pink is so spot on! It's a gorgeous shade that adds warmth on the skin.
- The golden shimmers diffuses light, making the skin/cheeks appear so smooth and flawless instead of accentuating the pores.
- It smells nice. I really like it, it's somewhat fruity that isn't overwhelming at all. I lost count as to how many times I smelled it.
- Between this and Benefit Coralista, this one is much more packed with pigment and could work with different skin tones more.
- Staying power is pretty good.
- Brightens the face, making it look more healthy and radiant.
- Now locally available in Manila! :)
- A little too shimmery for my liking. I prefer subtle shimmer or just sheen on my blushes. I am not getting any younger and pronounced shimmers on my cheeks are no longer my thing.
- Pretty expensive for a full size at Php 1600 or $28 but hey, you get a lot of product. I, on the other hand, get easily bored with huge pans of blushes.
|A closer look at Bella Bamba|
Have you tried Bella Bamba? How do you find it?
Have a blessed Holy Week, everyone. :)
Feel free to correct my Spanish. :)