Hello everyone! Sorry for the lack of posts once again, I have been spending my nights and the past couple of Sundays reading the books I have yet to read. Anyway, over the years, I have read that lip and cheek tints are perfect for summer. They last fairly better for oily-skinned individuals when the summer heat has the ability to melt your makeup as compared powder blushes. That's why I have been alternating between my Becca Beach Tint in Guava and powder blushes. Now, as I type this post, it is raining and it feels awesome but it was freaking hot earlier so I am not so sure if summer is over or if it's here to stay. Same thing as yesterday on our way home from a training in Nueva Viscaya, the rain was crazy and we had to stop and limit our speed to 20kph because the wind was unbelievably strong as well. Luckily, we got home safely this morning. And before I stray from the topic, I'll go ahead and review the product in the limelight tonight.
What I like:
- On most times, I easily get overwhelmed by scents. This isn't one of those. When I first unscrewed the cover, I noticed the scent which I am really fond of. It smells fruity and simply nice.
- The shade is a very very pretty medium pink with a slight hint of coral. I can't say that the shade is very natural but you know how non-powder blushes look more natural, right?
- It is not as watery as other lip & cheek tints and has more of a water-gel consistency. It is easy to spread and does not dry quickly. I do not have a hard time blending this on my cheeks.
- Pigmentation is decent. I only need two dots on each cheek to see some color.
- The packaging is cute. Nothing too fancy and I actually find the nozzle pretty easy to control as compared to those in pumps. I find it more hygienic than those with doe-foot applicators.
- No allergic reactions and no break outs in using this product.
- Locally available in Adora, Greenbelt.
- Most people claim that it lasts a very long time on them but it proves otherwise in my case. It is there for only 3-4 hours.
- The tube is very tiny and contains only 7mL of product. Since its consistency is like that of a water-gel, it seems less than liquidy products. So you have to use very little unless you want to use it up pretty quickly.
- Pretty pricey for $25 and definitely costs more here in the PH. Php 1750, if I am not mistaken. *feel free to correct me though*
- Drying on the lips.
Overall rating: 4/5 I still gave it a 4 because I love the color, the scent, and the consistency. Even though it does not last as long on me as it does on others, I still gave it a 4. It might just be me.
Will I buy again? I am contemplating on whether I should get a back up of this shade or go for Watermelon instead.
Tip: Before squeezing out some product, shake it as hard as you can because the oil in it tends to separate from the pigment. Not good if you're in such a hurry. Having to shake it a lot sometimes annoy me so I sometimes put it in the fridge and let it stay for a couple of minutes and when it's out, it's already in gel form. Saves me time and energy. :)
|Swatch | On me|
Have you tried Becca Beach Tints?
Have a great week, super awesome peeps! :)