Sleek Makeup has made its mark on beauty aficionados worldwide for their inexpensive yet good quality makeup. Their eye shadows, blushes, and lip products all scream pigment which isn't the case with other inexpensive products. I was keeping myself from purchasing any of their blushes even though there were hundreds of raves because I knew I didn't need any more cheek colours but when I found a good deal online, I caved in and got Rose Gold. It is one of those blushes that are being compared to NARS Orgasm (again, I wonder why there are a lot of Orgasm-ish shades) and even though I no longer own that said blush, I can clearly remember how it looks. Let's see if it can pass as a dupe for the said blush or if I even like it at all.
Sleek Makeup describes their blushes as....
A highly pigmented blusher to brighten and define cheekbones. The silky-fine formulation provides long lasting blusher which helps to create a subtle but radiant cheek area.
Apply using a small powder/blusher brush, by swirling the brush over the surface of the blusher. Tap off excess powder and apply onto the apples of the cheeks to emphasise your cheeks and your smile, or just below the cheek bone to create a sculpted look. 8g
What I like:
- The compact is small and sturdy and does not totally look cheap. It is indeed very sleek.
- There is a mirror inside the compact which is very useful for touch ups.
- The shade is a gorgeous peach-pink shade with gold flecks.
- Very pigmented. On the swatch below, I only dabbed my finger and did not even swipe it across the blush yet I was able to get that much product.
- Lasts a few hours which is acceptable.
- No allergic reactions, no breakouts either.
- Inexpensive for Php 400-450 for 8g of product.
- Has a shelf life of 24 months or two years.
- Now locally available, thanks to distributors and resellers.
What I don't like:
- A very pretty shade, albeit too shimmery for my liking. It is a "shining, shimmering, splendid" blush. If shimmers are your thing, you will definitely love this. I'd choose iridescence over shimmers any time of the day.
- Oxidizes on me and looks bronze-y after a couple of hours on me.
Overall rating: 4/5 Aside from oxidizing on me, I can't say this isn't a good blush because it is. The shimmer thing is just a personal preference.