Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

In the Limelight: Luminaze Catalytic Skin Tone Illuminator Dark Spot Corrector Product Review

Remember my lemming post about the Luminaze Catalytic Skin Tone Illuminator Dark Spot Corrector? Well, Santa must've heard my wish and granted my wish early. Last summer, when a cousin came back from the US, I was handed a loot that contains this product which made me squeal with delight. But the sad part is that every photo I took of it that I took was gone. As I was about to transfer pictures to my laptop, I had this glaring error that I had to format my memory card which is such a pain and since I completely used up the product in less than 2 months and threw the empty bottle in the bin, we'd have to settle for a stock photo instead. Anyway, here is my review.


According to Luminaze, this product:

Corrects dark spots.
And we can prove it.

Luminaze actually breaks down melanin for a visible improvement in the appearance of dark spots and overall evenness of skin tone in only 7 days. It's clinically proven to work better and faster than the leading prescription ingredient, and it's gentle enough to use every day.

What I like:

  • First of all, I have sunspots and freckles and although they did not completely disappear, they lightened, which allows me to somehow conclude that this product works.
  • Does not feel heavy on the skin and non-greasy, which allows itself to be easily absorbed by the skin.
  • I was worried that it could dry my skin but I'm glad that it didn't. My skin felt moisturized and nourished.
  • Even though the spots are still visible under the naked eye, I am pleased that this product has somehow evened my skin tone which is a plus.
  • No allergic reactions, nothing that annoyed my sense of smell either.
  • It is in a pump packaging which is hygienic. There are two compartments and pumps - the enzyme and the bio-activator. With one pump, I got the right amount of product for my entire face.

What I don't like:
  • I easily ran out of it even though I used it sparingly. Each compartment only contains 15mL of product which isn't much.
  • Not locally available and pricey for $120!

Overall rating: 4.5/5 

The product works, if only it weren't THAT expensive. I also have to add that if you are not fond of and allergic to mushrooms, you may want to take a step back before purchasing this item as the Luminaze enzyme in this product is harvested from a mushroom that grows on trees high in the Swiss alps. 

Will I buy again? I would like to but the price is kinda prohibitive. And it also hurts that it's not locally available. I would've loved to see how it could further improve my skin by my wallet tells me that I can't afford it. Story of my life.

*I wish I can show you before and after pictures of my skin before and during use of this product but I forgot to document the trial period.*

Have you tried this product? 

Happy rainy Sunday, super awesome peeps!

Cheers,


2 comments:

  1. there's so many nice products but they're like super expensive... xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. waaa extremely expensive! but good that it works for you ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)