Imagine yourself having a few cocktails in a bar and suddenly, this guy looks your way, smiles at you, and you weren't totally prepared as he walks to your direction. You wanted to look pretty so you quickly dabbed on some lip gloss on your lips and to his horror (and much more to your horror), it was all over the place with some smeared on your teeth the moment you smile at him. And he disappeared just as quickly as Harry Houdini would. That would be an embarrassing yet a funny sight, wouldn't you agree? That is exactly what you will see on the DLE Cosmetics promotional video. They are a fairly new company in California with the Natural Light Up Lip Gloss as their main product at the moment. They sent me a couple of glosses to try and here is my review.
I received two shades - Pink Fetissh and Jess Barely. And I am reviewing Pink Fetissh.
What I like:
- I find the tube simple and sleek. Nothing really fancy but not cheap-looking either.
- Pink Fetissh is a pretty pink shade with a hint of peach that has shimmers. The shade somehow reminds me of a Chanel Glossimer that I have previously owned. The shimmers do not end up all over the face which is a good thing.
- It can be worn alone or on top of a lipstick to add gloss and shimmer on your lips.
- This is not a very sticky gloss. I have a strong dislike for really sticky lip products, hence, the lack of such product on my stash. It feels quite comfortable on my lips.
- It has not caused any discomfort on my lips nor on the surrounding skin. No allergic reaction, no stinging.
- Fairly inexpensive for $8.95/tube.
- While shimmers are pretty, I find it a tad frosty for me. But it is a personal preference and younger ones might feel more attracted to it. If you have full lips, this may make them look fuller so apply the gloss little by little.
- Since they are a start-up company, you only get 3 shades to choose from at the moment - Pink Fetissh, Poison Apple, and Jess Barely.
- Not locally available for most countries but they do ship internationally at a fair cost. Just be patient for your parcel to arrive.
And now, Megan together with the DLE Cosmetics team was generous enough to include a couple more tubes to give away to you guys! I was supposed to post this giveaway on my birthday last week but wasn't able to do so because I got a little busy with work.
This will be an easy one without a lot of mechanics. The giveaway period also lasts for only 2 weeks because I want the winners to be able to try this out real soon. Here goes...
To win this gloss, just simply answer this question:
"When a boy is named after his dad, he is called 'Junior,' But what do you call a girl that is named after her mother?"
It's just a rhetorical question but I think this giveaway should be fun! No rules, no "you-have-to-be-a" musts. Post your answers here and I will choose the two winners using random.org. This giveaway starts now and ends on September 8, 2012 the moment the clock strikes midnight.
The two winners will each get a tube of lip gloss and other items I will include. I will personally hand the prizes over lunch or dinner at Yellow Cab Pizza (and no, it's not sponsored by YCP) in Eastwood City, Libis, Quezon City. So yes, this mini giveaway is only for local bloggers. If the winner isn't from the Metro, I'm sure we can work something out.
Good luck and I am looking forward to seeing how creative you are with your answers. :)
Have a wonderful long weekend, everyone. :P
DISCLAIMER: Product received for review but does not in any way affect my opinion on the said product.