"Narcisse" in French is Narcissus (Greek mythology) - the handsome young man who fell in love with his own reflection and was turned to a flower.
Well, I don't think I'd turn to a flower for falling in love with this blush the first time I swatched this and applied this on my cheeks. Tonight I will be reviewing one of my favorite blushes at the moment and has been for a few months now which is Chanel Joues Contraste in 44 Narcisse.
What I like:
- The compact, as usual, is sleek and elegant which has been the trademark of Chanel for decades now.
- The shade, Narcisse is a very pretty delicate candy pink shade that gives a nice subtle glow and sheen on the skin. I have read reviews about it not showing up on those with medium-dark skin tones but it is enough to show up on me and I am a MAC NC25. I just need to swirl my brush on the pan twice and it picks up enough color for my cheeks. I used to call JCs "kaskas blushes" because I have to swirl the brush a lot of times with my previous one just to pick up color but this shade proves otherwise.
- It comes with a nice velvet pouch which keeps the fingerprint-and-dirt-magnet compact from accumulating a lot of dirt.
- It has a faint rose scent which, I think, my sense of smell is accustomed to since this isn't my first JC (see Tea Rose review here).
- It doesn't mimic the natural color my cheeks have when I blush but this one brightens my face and this started my love affair with pink shades.
- It stays on my skin for at least 4 hours which isn't bad considering the skin type I have.
- No allergic reactions from it, no break outs either.
- Has a shelf life of 18 months (which I honestly think is longer than that period).
- 4g of products lasts a verrrrrry long time and I mean it. You'll barely make a dent even if you've been using it for months, I dare you.
- Locally available at Chanel Counters and Duty Free (where you can get it cheaper).
What I don't like:
- The compact, while sleek and classy is such a dirt and fingerprint magnet. I have to wipe it clean every time I use this because a dirty compact isn't a pretty sight.
- Expensive for Php 2350 at Rustan's but I guess all the things I like about it makes it worth every single cent.
Overall rating: A whopping 5/5! I can forgive the compact being a dirt and fingerprint magnet because of the shade and how it works for me as a blush.
Will I buy again? No doubt about it! :)
|Compared with Burberry Light Glow Blush in Peony. |
They look a bit similar but Peony is warmer.
Have you tried Chanel blushes? What's your favorite shade?
Have a great week ahead, super awesome peeps! :)