Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

In the Limelight: L'Oreal Paris Hydrafresh Anti Shine Icy Gel Product Review

Here's a very quick post for today featuring a straight on review of one of the moisturizers I am alternating with my favourite Neutrogena Hydroboost Water Gel. I have been using it for a couple of months now after leaving it untouched in my drawer and it's about time I give it a review. 



L'Oreal Paris describes this as...

A light weight skin-cooling texture which brings an instant ocean splash to your skin, locking in a reserve of hydration and freshness. It controls your skin temperature to prevent perspiration and shine. Enriched with Zinc and Micro Sponge technology, it regulates the sebum and inhibits excessive oil production to bring an immediate mattifying action.

Such a useless picture, I know. My cam's really busted but I felt compelled
to include this picture.

What I like:
  • I like the refreshing feeling this moisturizer gives my skin.
  • Texture is very light, non-sticky, and gets easily absorbed by the skin being a water-based or gel moisturizer that it is.
  • It gives my face a satin finish as I wouldn't consider it matte. 
  • I feel like it hydrates my skin.
  • I do not get any break outs or allergic reaction from it.
  • Reasonably priced at Php 495 for a 50ml jar with a shelf life of one year.
  • Locally available at Watson's, SM, and other drugstores nationwide.
What I don't like:
  • I find the scent a tad too strong for a skin care/moisturizer though it fades after a few seconds.
  • Although I feel that it hydrates my skin, I find that it does not hydrate it as good as Neutrogena does.
  • Not impressed with the oil control or the anti-shine part but still pretty good for a moisturizer.
  • Cooling sensation doesn't really last that long.
  • Needs a spatula as it's housed in a jar.

Overall rating: 3.5/5

Will I buy again? I think I'd consider this a nice alternative to Neutrogena Hydroboost for almost half the price but I'd still choose Hydroboost over this one at any time of the day. :)

Have you tried this product? How do you find it?

Have a blessed Sunday, super awesome peeps! ;)

Cheers,

6 comments:

  1. I've been using this product too. It's pretty O-kay for me. Not that great but works somehow

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually looks quite refreshing in the pic! I've been on the hunt for a new daytime moisturiser recently and really like the sound of these refreshing gel type products. I may have to check this one and the Neutrogena out. The Neutrogena sounds like it might be the best option though, as it sounds like it's more hydrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive tried both the neutrogena hydroboost and the loreal hydra fresh. the former worsened my enlarged pores, the loreal.grabe sa alcohol and i dont think it does much :(
    do you have a recommendation, better than neutrogena but still at a drugstore level?

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you said it's Php 495, I thought it's a pretty good deal. Yun pala it's half as cheap coz it's half as moisturizing as the neutrogena one.

    I heard nature republic has a gel moisturizer for around 200+, I haven't seen it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have normal to dry skin, so this isn't for me. though I've seen quite a few bloggers using this moisturizer from loreal, I wasn't convinced. Glad I read ur take on this. missed visiting ur blog pammycakes ^_^
    Random Beauty by Hollie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)