Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Product Review: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

As I have mentioned a lot of times on my previous posts, water-based or gel moisturizers work best for my combination-oily skin. While I fell in love with Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, I have been cheating on it with another moisturizer that pretty much does the same for me and that is the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel. I luckily won this jar from The Beauty Bin's giveaway a few months ago and I thought it would be best to wait for a few months before finally giving it a review. When it comes to skin care products, I think a day or two or even a week won't be enough to test it, thus, the long wait. Anyway, here is my review now.




What I like:

  • I like how "watery" the color of the packaging is. The jar is also pretty sturdy as I've dropped it a few times and it never cracked or shattered.
  • This is a non-greasy and lightweight moisturizer. It definitely doesn't make my skin oilier than it is.
  • It gets easily absorbed by the skin.
  • It doesn't just moisturize my skin - it hydrates it. 
  • Texture is a bit more runny than Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief and a bit more gel-like as compared to Celeteque Facial Moisturizer. It's just right - not too thick and not too runny or watery either.
  • It leaves a semi-matte finish on the skin which makes it a good makeup base, helping my primer and/or foundation glide smoothly.
  • The scent initially worried me as it is quite strong but I'm glad that the fragrance in it did not cause any allergic reaction. No break outs either.
  • A little goes a long way. A pea-sized amount is enough to cover my entire face and neck.
  • I apply this at night and I wake up to a smoother, softer, and more supple skin.
  • Works super awesome with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. These two made my skin so much better.
  • Since it keeps my skin balanced, it no longer oils up as much as it used to.
  • The manufacture and expiry date are visible on the jar.
  • Locally available at major department stores and drugstores nationwide.

What I don't like:

  • The scent could've been a little less strong or they can simply do away with it. I always apply it in front of a fan so the fragrance would be gone in just a matter of seconds.
  • Since the product is in a jar, you'll definitely need a spatula or transfer it to an airless pump bottle for more hygienic ways to use it.
  • Does not relieve itch just like the Clinique one does for me but I'm still cool with it as a moisturizer.

Overall rating: 4/5 If the scent isn't that strong, it certainly would've gotten a higher rating from me.

Will I buy again? Yes! It works just like Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief (I know! I gotta stop comparing!) as a moisturizer for me and it is cheaper by a few hundreds so I guess this is a cheaper alternative for me. I will repurchase as long as it doesn't stop working for me and if budget permits.

A closer look

Manufacture and Expiry dates
Have you tried this moisturizer? How do you find it?

Happy November, everyone! :)

Cheers,


24 comments:

  1. this is in my to-try list. medyo mahal for neutrogena though but still cheaper than clinique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that clinique one like you, wish I could check this one out in Japan >_<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argee (the beauty bin) gave me a sample of this. It's good but I didn't like the smell too. Smells like detergent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope they have it for normal skin :( havent found my perfect moisturizer

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is interesting one! I always use gel based moisturizer too 'coz it does sink in the skin better than the cream ones. Great review sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this too! and am on my second jar! *doing the happy dance!*

    i dropped mine a couple of times too and although it didn't break, there were minor chippings on the sides. still, you're right - very sturdy!

    yey for great skin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay! parang i want to try it.. hom hom hom..
    tenchoo for sharing pammycakes.. enabler!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm using this try now but still I'm looking for a moisturizer with SPF.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to try neutrogena's line like forever >.<~ thx for the review

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo. I wanna try this!

    http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. hullow pammy! :) i haven't tried this yet but i think it's a good product since you like it. i'm also wondering how strong the scent is? hehehe. :]

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes, i have to try this.
    i like this & there not any side affects with this one.
    i prefer to every one use this water Gel

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't like any make up cosmetics, because I wish to live with nature

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely wanna try this after reading your post :) Hope I can find it somewhere <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Follow me I'm following

    Beauty-positiva.blogspot.com
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  16. pammycakes!! where are you? i miss you and your posts. :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm happy you're liking it all the way.

    My skin's been on the dry side lately (sigtns of aging na ito) and i just had to use another moisturizer to get the hydration my skin needs. I use the hydro boost water gel on top of my moisturizer to prime my face for foundation.

    I hope to see you soon! I miss you and the gurrlss!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I tried this and did remind me of clinique moisture surge. This is also on my top lists as soon as I'm done with the moisture surge. :) Not fan of the scent either but comapred to other brands, this one has a lighter scent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. seems like a good product, i use laneige water sleeping pack looks similar ^^

    CMPang x
    http://www.maisecrets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. mmm the cilnque one did not work for me ~ so perhaps this 1 won’t work for me either @__@

    xoxo HitomiNeko xoxo
    http://hitomineko-hn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. i'm here to spam! :P joke joke!
    i miss you again pammycakes!!! i know you're busy but i hope i see a post on your blog soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I havent tried this pammy. The one that i am using kasi ung sa loreal. Great review sis. I will add this on my xmas list.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i miss pmmycakes posts! >.< IMY pammy!!! i hope you are ok. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)