How's your weekend, guys? Anyway, here's the review of Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, which I have set aside thrice last week. I've had a pretty bad history with Clinique skin care products, for both skin types 2 and 3 so I never really had high hopes for this product. So on to the review then.
What I like:
- Unlike with other Clinique skin care products, I never broke out with this. I had a back up plan to apply this as a topical gel when I get allergies in case it doesn't work for me since I read somewhere that it also works great that way for them. But I'm really glad it does. This is basically a first for me and Clinique skin care. :)
- It does not moisturize my skin - it hydrates! And that is so much better than simply moisturizing it. It's like a thirst quencher. The good thing about it is that it keeps the moisture level on my skin balanced and normal, thus, making it less oily. This is in gel form and I assume a water-based product which works very well with my skin type.
- Though it isn't unscented as I would have preferred, I'm glad that the scent isn't strong and somewhat mild.
- A little goes a long way. I don't need to slather a lot just get my skin prepped.
- It is easily absorbed by the skin and does not take a long time to dry.
- Since it dries to a matte finish, it works well as a good makeup base. It also helps that my skin feels smoother once it has been absorbed well.
- I apply it on areas that get dry within the day. Like when my cheeks get dry, I just pat on a little and I'm good to go. It doesn't even ruin my makeup when applied over it.
- It says on the tube that it works well as a 5-minute moisture mask and I agree. I don't think it has to be greasy just to know that it is moisturizing.\
- I've had this 30mL tube for 2 months now and I'm only half way through it. And I don't use it just on the face. I apply this on my allergies too.
- Speaking of allergies, it helps relieve the itch since it hydrates the area. Unlike applying alcohol, this does not dry out the skin so it does not aggravate the itching.
- Has a shelf like of 24 months.
- Locally available at Clinique counters.
What I don't like:
- Pretty pricey especially if you buy it directly from the counter. Better have someone purchase it for you at Duty Free or in the US.
Overall rating: 5/5 My skin absolutely and without a doubt loves it! But please note that I have combination-oily skin. I am really not certain if this would be hydrating enough for those who have extra dry to dry skin. Maybe you would need something far more hydrating and moisturizing than this.
Will I buy again? You bet I will! But I'll use up my other moisturizers before I do. :)
Have you tried this product? :)
Happy Sunday, super awesome peeps! :P
Coming up: Korres Lip Butter Glaze in Pomegranate Review