For someone who has sparse or thinly dispersed eyebrows like mine, it is necessary to use eyebrow makeup to make them look more groomed so they can frame the face nicely. I have tried a few and here is something I took my chance on when I saw it sold online. I was in dire need of a clear mascara to use for my brows so I figured this will do since it has clear and tinted gels. I have been using this on and off for a few months now and here is my review.
Product Description taken from the ELF website:
Create manicured and styled brows that are beautiful and defined. Treat your eyebrows with a hair re-growth, vitamin infused gel formula to help stimulate hair follicles so your once thin and sparse brows become thicker. Tame eyebrows with a fiber enhanced eyebrow mascara formula for fuller and more natural looking brows. The special fiber infused mascara grips onto even your finest brow hair to create a beautiful healthy and enhanced look.
Use the “tame” mascara to brush onto eyebrows to define and keep them in place for a fuller and more tailored look.
Use the “treat” gel to condition, repair and restore the eyebrows.
Use alone or underneath makeup.
Tame Ingredients: Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Alcohol Denatured, PVP/VA Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, TEA Carbomer, Mica, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone
May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)
Treat Ingredients: Aqua(Water), Acrylates/C10-30alkylacrylatecrosspolmer, Polysorbate 80, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone
- I never really gave Treat a chance to do its job in aiding my brows to re-grow and no longer be sparse simply because I am already using something that does an amazing job at it. I had the intention of using this as a clear brow gel to set the brows and keep them in place. It does an OK job. Nothing really fantastic since it was not designed to work that way. I also sometimes use it as a base for my brow pencil and it works as well though still nothing remarkable.
- On its own, Tame with the shade being Ash, makes me look older and add years to my face when used alone. That could very well be due to Ash not being the right shade for me. It was the only shade available online at the time of purchase so I settled for it. However, I like using it to set my Skinfood Choco Powder Eyebrow Wood Pencil since it tones down the darkness of the latter product.
- Keeps the eyebrows in place for a couple of hours though not evident on my EOTDs because I only use the pencil on them.
- Has 4 shades to choose from - Light, Medium, Dark, and Ash. I now see other shades on eBay. Snap!
- Inexpensive at Php 250.
What I don't like:
- Not locally available at ELF counters (my last visit was yesterday and the sales assistant gave me a puzzled look when asked about this product)
- The shade Ash makes me look older and sort of makes my brows seem blurred from afar.
- Does not stay for a long time, say 3-4 hours at most.
Overall rating: 3/5 It does not tame my brows as much as Revlon Brow Fantasy does. Don't get me wrong. It works but not as good as my darling Revlon.
Will I buy again? No. I'll stick to Revlon Brow Fantasy.
|Left: ELF; Right: Skinfood Brow Pencil + ELF|
Have you tried this product?
Happy Thursday, everyone! :)