To have brighter, clearer, and healthier skin that is more radiant and glowing, exfoliation is something we should definitely not skip in our beauty regimen. It is recommended that we exfoliate at least twice a week so we can get rid of dead skin cells and deep seated dirt that makes our skin look dull and unhealthy. Before I crossed paths with Origins Modern Friction, there was Queen Helene Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub and I guess it's about time I give it a review.
|Photo taken from Drugstore.com|
Product Description taken from Queen Helene website:
A refreshing natural-fiber facial scrub that deep cleans your skin and leaves a pleasant, tingling glow. The gentle exfoliating action draws out impurities, unclogs pores and removes dead, dry cells from the surface of your skin. Emollients help replenish lost moisture, effectively protecting your skin from the harsh elements. Use once a week, or more often if your skin is oily, for skin that looks fresh and healthy and feels refreshingly soft and smooth. This scrub works great in the shower too.
Deep Cleans, Unplugs Pores and Exfoliates the Dull Surface Layers of Skin
Water, Walnut (Juglans Regia) Powder (Juglans Regia), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin Kaolin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Isopropyl Myristate, Dimethicone, Triethanolamine, Fragrance, Carbomer, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol
|How the scrub looks|
What I like:
- The scrubs are fine, gentle, and non-abrasive and won't tear up the skin leaving it raw. I like the feel of it.
- Smells nice and not overwhelming.
- My skin feels smooth and soft after exfoliating with this scrub.
- Does not break me out.
- I am really surprised that it did not cause any allergic reaction since it has walnut powder and I am allergic to nuts - quite a miracle for me as nuts can be fatal.
- No animal testing.
- It really does exfoliate and remove deep seated dirt on the pores.
- A little goes a long way. I don't need much to exfoliate my face and neck.
- Inexpensive for a big tube (more or less than Php 400) and locally available at Healthy Options.
What I don't like:
- I was initially amazed as to how my skin feels soooo smooth and soft after using this but then it has dimethicone which is a type of silicone. And what does silicone do as a primer? Do the math, dearies. It could be the dimethicone sitting right on top of my skin that causes it to feel smooth.
- It has Methylparaben and Propylparaben, baby! If you're not fond of paraben, stay away from this.
Overall rating: 4/5
Will I buy again? Yes. Only when I'm done with my Origins scrub which isn't locally available.
Have you tried this product?
Happy Monday, everyone!