A good tinted lip balm is something that moisturizes your lips while making them look pretty with their tints. That is why I love them better than lip sticks and lip glosses. So I am always on the hunt for something that will fit the bill. The latest one I got to try is the Korres Lip Butter Glaze in Pomegranate. I love the regular lip butter of the same shade in a pot so let's see if this is at par with it.
Product Description taken from the Korres website:
Buttery, vibrant color that leaves lips moisturized and supple.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
_Lightweight, moisturizing lip butter glaze imparts vibrant and shiny color
_Creamy blend of lightweight natural oils and extracts to soothe and condition lips
_Smells utterly delicious, and comes packaged in an easy-application tube
The Knot Beauty Awards Winner 2010
Active Ingredients taken from the Sephora website:
-Organic Bee Waxes and Sunflower Seed Waxes: Provide a unique soft creamy texture that melts on the lips.
-Certified Organic Sugar Cane: Conditions lips and improves lip texture.
-Pomegranate Fruit Sterols: Hydrate and provide antioxidant protection.
What I like:
- This is pigmented. Much more pigmented than the regular lip butter but you can apply it sheer using just a little of it then pack it on for a more vibrant colour. I can wear this alone and it's enough to complete the look and brighten my face.
- It has a faint scent which I can't tell but it's not annoying.
- Since this is in a squeeze out tube, it is definitely more hygienic as compared to those in pots.
- Can pass as a moisturizing lip gloss that is not sticky and gooey.
- A pretty coral shade. Not as coral-pink as the lip butter of the same shade but I'm cool with it.
- Texture is kinda creamy which is nice but not as buttery as the lip butter.
- This is fairly moisturizing. Once it's gone, my lips still feel smooth.
- Does not contain mineral oil, paraben, propylene glycol, and ethanolamine (whatever the last two are. I didn't do my homework, sorry.)
- Has 10mL of product which I'm sure will last a long time.
What I don't like:
- Not locally available.
- Pretty pricey at $14 for a lip balm. :)
- I don't find it as moisturizing as the lip butter.
Overall rating: 4/5
Will I buy again? Yes. This is the most pigmented tinted lip balm I've ever had. :)
Have you tried Korres lip butters and glazes?
Happy Monday, super awesome peeps! :)