Some say that we should be using different facial creams or moisturizers for both day and night. I have tried only one night cream before which was way more than 7 years ago and that was the Neutrogena Light Night Cream but broke out with it so I stopped. I honestly never understood why I had to use a different product so I was satisfied with the moisturizer I use during day time. And it was only until I got a sample of this have I used a night cream again. I am seriously not sure what to expect with a night cream so please bear with this review-wannabe.
Product Description taken from SkinCareRX.com:
ABOUT THE PRODUCT
Tired of your skin's spotty record? Reveal a flawless face with Caudalie Vinoperfect Night Correcting Cream. Deeply nourishing and softening, it also imparts gentle fruit acids to help minimize the appearance of sun and age spots.
WHO IT'S FOR
Ideal for those with hyperpigmentation and aging skin who want softer, brighter, and more nourished skin overnight.
Shea Butter hydrates and softens. Lactic Acid resurfaces and renews. Vitamin E protect skin from damaging free radicals.
What I like:
- Non-greasy and feels light on the skin.
- It is easily absorbed by the skin especially when warmed up between the fingers.
- Texture is really smooth and creamy and not that thick.
- I wake up with brighter and more radiant skin that isn't even oily.
- Skin feels soft and smooth as well and feels hydrated and not just moisturized.
- A little goes a long way. I only need a minuscule amount to cover the entire face. I use plain moisturizer on my neck though.
- No break outs from it.
- No paraben, no phenoxyethanol.
- Has a shelf life of 9 months.
What I don't like:
- No significant reduction or lightening on my freckles. Maybe prolonged usage can do something about it. I'm no longer using it every night and alternate it with my water-based moisturizer.
- Expensive at $68 for 30mL of product.
- Not locally available.
Overall rating: 4/5
Will I buy again? Only when I feel like splurging on it. My water-based moisturizers still work well for both morning and evening. :)
Have you tried any products from Caudalie Paris?
Happy Tuesday, everyone. :)