Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

In the Limelight: Laura Mercier Secret Concealer 2 Product Review

For someone with allergies and asthma, dark under eye circles is something I have always dealt with. No amount of sleep and eye creams can counter these dark circles so I have come to accept the fact that my under eyes will always be that way. Since then, I have always been on the look out for concealers that would help "hide" these dark circles. I have tried a few and one of them is the Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in shade 2. Prior to my purchase, I was choosing between this and the Bobbi Brown Concealer but the shade that matches me isn't available at that time so I ended up going home with this one. I have been using this for a while and read on for the review.


What I like:

  • The shade 2 is a match for my skin tone. I am a MAC NC25 for reference.
  • The shade does not turn grey on my under eyes. I am acidic and most concealers turn grey on me which can be quite annoying as it makes my under eyes look dull.
  • It works not just as a concealer but also as a corrector since it is a salmon shade.
  • Opaque.
  • Creamy and easily blends on the skin.
  • It visibly conceals the dark circles and would work so much better for those who do not have very dark circles.
  • No allergic reaction, no milia or pimples.
  • Has a shelf life of 18 months.
  • Locally available at Rustan's for Php 995 / 2.2g pot.

What I don't like:
  • Since it is creamy, it tends to settle on the crease and lines on the under eyes.
  • It also tends to slide off in just a couple of hours even if set with powder. Does not even last half a day on me and it's gone before lunch time.
  • After 2 layers, it tends to cake on the 3rd.
Overall rating: 3/5

Will I buy again? No. Liquid concealers work better for me than cream concealers. It's nice but not enough for me to repurchase.


Have you tried this concealer? What other concealers would you recommend?

Cheers,

0 super awesome thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)