Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

In the Limelight: Tarte Amazonian 12-hour Clay Blush in Dollface

My first Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush experience was okay with the shade Blissful. While it wasn't a blissful ending for me and that blush, that didn't stopme from trying another shade from the Amazonian Clay Blush line and got myself Dollface. I have been using this since last year and I decided it's time to finally review it.




What I like:

  • The shade is a cool light pink that turns warm on me after a while. Please do note, though, that I am acidic and almost everything oxidizes on me. It is pretty and brightens the face.
  • Surprisingly, it stays longer than Blissful considering that that shade is more pigmented than this one. It stays for about half a day before it fades then eventually disappear.
  • It has not caused any allergic reaction nor any break outs on my skin.
  • I got the deluxe size with 3.4g of product but since a little goes a long way, I can just imagine not being able to use it up in 2 years. What more if its the full-sized one?
  • Unscented. 
  • Animal cruelty-free.
  • Brand is not locally available in department stores but can be purchased through online resellers for around Php 1000-1400.00 depending on the seller,
  • Has a shelf life of 12 months as indicated on the label but as for powder products, it can last for up to 3 years if used very carefully keeping it sanitized all the time.
  • Since it is the smaller version, compact is a bit smaller but still cute and will easily fit even in small purses of pockets.

What I don't like:
  • No mirror. Becca cosmetics have compacts that are as small as this one yet they were able to put mirrors. This is just minor and I can live with it.
  • Compared to Blissful, the texture of this one isn't as smooth and silky but still blends on the skin especially when a brush with not so soft bristles are used. Still works with a regular blush brush though.
  • Still oxidizes but at least it turns out nicely.
  • Still no 12 hours on the skin.
  • Not locally available in department stores.

Overall rating: 4/5

Will I buy again? I would if I don't happen to have any favorites but sadly, I have faves. So I might skip on repurchasing but it's not the blush; it's me. :-D




Have you tried this blush? How do you find it?

Cheers,

1 comment:

  1. Aw... Pammy I'm sorry to hear everything oxidizes on you. I've not tried a Tarte blush though Dollface looks like a really lovely oolour.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)