From being an avid powder foundation user, I slowly switched to liquid foundations. I thought the latter isn't suited for my skin type - combination-oily - so I avoided them at all cost. It was only until the last quarter of 2010 that I have started using liquid foundation. I must say that I liked it better because it looks so much more natural than powder foundation, of course, still depending on what formulation and coverage you prefer and how and how much you apply. I prefer sheer-light because I don't like the mask and cement-like feel some liquid (and cream) foundations give, not to mention how heavy it feels on the skin which possibly does not allow my skin to breathe.
Anyway, I realized just recently that Japanese brands of liquid foundation work best for me because I have let go of those Western brands (I'm still talking about foundation) in my stash though the last one standing is YSL Matt Touch Foundation which I will be reviewing pretty soon. As some of you know by now, I adore Kanebo and my HG powder foundation is also from the same brand. So I couldn't pass up the chance to own the liquid version of the Coffret D'Or Beauty Lasting variant that was being sold online which is the product in the limelight for this post.
Huh. I really do tend to blab.
According to Kanebo Coffret D'Or, this is what Beauty Lasting Liquid UV is:
Formulated with Pure Proof Powder
A soft, dewy translucency. For truly pure skin that lasts.
Liquid foundation that offers a more lush and soft touch than ever before, creating skin with refinement. Covers textures and pores, while comfortably blending with skin and freshly applied elegant finish that lasts for hours.
What I like:
- The packaging looks wonderful without the heavy feel. The cap, however, can be used to get your fingerprints in case the cops suspect you of something bad.
- It has SPF 26 PA++. Though this can never be a substitute for sunscreen, I like that it already contains such especially on days when I am in a hurry, which I usually am.
- The texture is kinda watery which makes it easy to spread on the face. However, it can get a bit drippy so make sure that your face is ready to catch the foundation.
- It feels very light on the skin, as if I use just a tinted moisturizer.
- Dries to a matte finish while still allowing your skin's natural glow to show.
- Scented but it isn't something that bothers me, given how sensitive my nose is to scents.
- Stays on my combi-oily skin for a long time though I need to touch up every 4 hours, which isn't really that bad for me.
- Once it mixes with the natural oils on my face, my skin looks dewy and not disgustingly oily.
- Does not oxidize on me. The shade BE-B matches my skin tone well. Though on flash photography, my face looks lighter than my neck which could very well be due to the SPF in it.
- No break outs, no allergic reactions either.
- I think it's still locally available on most Kanebo counters nationwide.
- It only contains 25mL
- Pretty pricey for $39.5 or Php 1685 if purchased in HK but that's still much cheaper than if you purchase this locally as I'm pretty sure it costs more than 2k.
- It dries easily so you better be quick in spreading and blending it on your skin.
- If you prefer full coverage, you might not like this as it provides light coverage. You still need to use concealers for dark circles and blemishes.
Overall rating: 4.75/5